October 24, 2017, 03:52:49 AM

Author Topic: Sheds  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Sheds
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
Anyone finding any?  I found a good 7 pt set yesterday.  I'll look around more when turkey season opens though.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Sheds
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:41:10 AM »
I've been itchin' to get out and look - I've got to make some time soon and just do it. 
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:55:54 AM »
I have found one antler, is pretty slim pickings. There are a lot of folks gathering them nowdays because of the high dollar value of the antlers.
Mushroom season is about here, a two week window. I usually find a few while mushroom hunting.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »
been too busy with school. But yea like JA said i'll likely find some shroomhunting.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 11:16:41 AM »
It's been either raining or snowing here so no shed hunting!!! Once that thing called spring comes I'll be out>
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »
found one antler with 6 pts on it yesterday very very thick beam.... wasn't even out hunting them just saw it near a fence when I was setting up targets.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:49:36 PM »
found one antler with 6 pts on it yesterday very very thick beam.... wasn't even out hunting them just saw it near a fence when I was setting up targets.

Look around the area.  You could probably find the other around there close. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
I get them given to me. We have a lot of sportsmen in and out at work that know of my shop and know I can use them. Some huge antler pairs have been found around here this year, above the 200 mark.

With values of $30,000-$40,000 for some pairs of biggies, it brings out a lot of people looking for sheds.  :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments