December 13, 2017, 08:08:55 AM

Author Topic: Varmint Al's Shooting Sticks?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Varmint Al's Shooting Sticks?
« on: September 12, 2004, 09:45:51 AM »
Have you folks seen the shooting stick setup on Varmint Al's forum? The ones you make yourself? I am seriously considering making myself a set for squirrel hunting. I can imagine setting up on a good hillside with a set of the sticks and the unsuspecting squirrels going about their daily romp. And then, the .17 barks! To be honest, I try to use a tree or something for a rest when shooting squirrels, and I think the sticks would be a real benefit for a shooter like me that has enough years added up to want a steadier shot. My rifle is pretty heavy compared to most hunting rifles, and that would be a plus for the sticks, too. Any of you folks used them, or consider using them? Well, have ya?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline john

shooting sticks
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 09:26:42 AM »
i have to admit to using a stick now days.mine is a walking stick i carved when i was scoutmaster. it has every event our boys went to memorialised on it.it really works well, justgripitat a comfortable height,lay the forarm between your thmb and the stick. and bango,,ol bushytail bites the dust.sometimes when hunting is slow,or i am,i remember everyone of those boys. guess i'm trying to say,make what you carry matter.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Varmint Al's Shooting Sticks?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 02:36:40 AM »
John, nice suggestion on the walking stick for a support!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments