November 18, 2017, 04:35:58 PM

Author Topic: Why aren't all guns finnished with this stuff...  (Read 2269 times)

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Why aren't all guns finnished with this stuff...
« on: March 29, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
Here is my complaint with the firearms industry and their blueing(sp?) on guns.   

I carry a glock 32C on a regular basis with an inside the waistband holster made of thin suede leather.  The suede absorbs all kinds of moisture and holds it against the glock all day, and then all night if I am lazy and just set in on the top shelf of the safe when I get home.  I rarely wipe down the gun's surface...why you ask.. because I don't have to.  The thing never rusts!!  Seriously, I have never found a single spot of rust on this firearm's finish and I have owned the gun since 2001.  I strip it down regularly and only use one q-tip with a small dab of oil on one end to re-oil the moving parts after I swab them off with the dry end... that is all the darn thing has ever needed.  WHAT IS THIS STUFF???   It has been rained on, in ponds and creeks chasing hogs and gotten the oils of my body all over it....

WHY DOESN'T EVERY FIREARMS MANUFACTURER USE THIS FINNISH ON THEIR GUNS????????
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Re: Why aren't all guns finnished with this stuff...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »
Ok... here is the finish... 

TENIFER
Unique GLOCK hi-tech surface refinement for barrel and slide. Apart from optimum corrosion protection and anti-reflective finish, a degree of hardness of 64 HRC - close to that of a diamond - is achieved.

Why don't all guns have it??

"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 10:47:58 PM »
boy if nothing else, I wish my CVA muzzelloader was made of that stuff....I look at it wrong, and I get rust spots...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:58:24 PM »
I know what you mean.. I have a CVA pistol that is the same way.

Harry Truman

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:43:55 AM »
boy if nothing else, I wish my CVA muzzelloader was made of that stuff....I look at it wrong, and I get rust spots...

Must be made by the same company that makes Savage. :evil:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:54:18 AM »
Tenifer has been around for a long time. Not many makers use the stuff but it has been an aftermarket business for gunsmiths for several years. I believe that it is what Springfield uses on the XD now. When they first came out there was a terrible problem with the finish not holding up. I have an XD 40 that looks like it is 30 years old but was only carried 18 hrs a day for about 3 yrs. The XD 45 that was carried for 2 years still looks new.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 08:18:06 AM »
Must be made by the same company that makes Savage. :evil:
Rascal! I heard that!  :shock:  ;D  :knuppel2 I wish they all use the Tenifer finish.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 11:36:37 AM »
That is true about the savage stuff in my experience..  They all rust like I keep them on the beach by the surf...but I still like them...  Aftermarket you say.. sounds like a good idea for some of my stuff..  Thanks occ
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 06:02:15 PM »
and yet noone used the sharpened spelling stick on him...

why dont they all use that finnish.. because they are all made in different countries, not just finland...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 11:00:22 PM »
Very nice....  very very nice...   It takes brains to come up with that one!!  I am surprised it is from you MO...  JK!!  I have seen you come up with other cleaver stuff in the past.   
                                                      Harry Truman

Facebook Comments