October 19, 2017, 09:32:54 PM

Author Topic: You're All Alike!  (Read 5226 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
You're All Alike!
« on: April 04, 2008, 08:40:06 PM »
I'm sure you've read the stats about the typical hunter on age, income and such.  But, I'm curious about how much Gut Pilers have in common.  Assuming you have the time - what hobbies / interests DO you or WOULD be in to?

For me.......

-Deer Hunting

-Bass / Crappie / Trout Fishing

-If I could get the time or money to fix it ........ riding the four wheeler.

-Occassional Wabbit chasing

-Listening to some tunes while I feed the beast..... (GPS  :roll: )

What about the rest of you?  (Let's hear from everyone!)

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: You're All Alike!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:46:32 PM »
Well lets see..............

- Deer, turkey, and rabbit hunting

- Bass and crappie fishing, even though it sucks out here!!

- Playing my mandolin, and listening to MissStrutter play her guitar

- Enjoying some good mountain brew next to a big fire while
  listening to seet bluegrass.

-And oh yeah, bustin bad guys! :knuppel2

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 10:22:24 PM »
I was thinking of this topic a couple weeks ago but life got in the way..

lets see i squirrel groundhog deer hunt..  ride the motorcycle a lot, work on them as well..collect zippo lighters and a small collection of smoking pipes as well. 
small collection of certain knives, shot glasses..work with leather a little bit mostly for my own use, but have sold some slings and BP bags.. reload pistol and rifle shells. working on computers and software.
if i had time and money i would love to get back to four wheeling again, maybe expand the garage a bit bigger. i donno, my tastes run very strange on things, so its hard to say from day to day
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 10:33:37 PM »
Hunting deer coyote, small game

Woodworking

Camping, Hiking, Backpacking, Climbing

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 11:21:17 PM »
currently I work (alot) experiment in the kitchen,relax reading the pile, dabble with making my own stuff ( Bi-fur pod,shooting rest, scope shade, scope mts, ect) in the shop at work in the hopes I will one day be able to use them and of course, bug the heck outta JA.
 I would love to get back into hunting/fishing/camping like I used to.
 Seems most, if not all, my hobbies and wanna trys revolve around the outdoor sports.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Nuss

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 11:37:16 PM »
 For me my priorities, people and things that make me who I am and enjoy the most, are my family always first.
1.(Wife,my 2 grown daughters, my Grand daughter, my Mom, My sister and her family). Spending as much time with them as I can.
2. My Home
3. My Church
4. Any and all types of Bow Hunting with traditional archery equipment.
5. My dog
6. Bowfishing
7. Building traditional archery equipment (self bows and arrows).
8. Working with my State Bow Hunting organization the (United Bowhunters of Illinois)
9. Teaching and learning every thing I can about Bowhunting, Bowfishing, Bow building and just anything archery related. I am a National Bowhunter Education Instructor. Passing it on means a great deal to me.
10. I also enjoy time spent with friends. Be it on the internet, at church, around a camp fire, or just in passing.

Those are just 10 of the things that I enjoy and make me who I am.

Tim

May your campfires burn bright and all of your arrows fly true.

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 01:04:45 AM »
Ahh well most of my hobbies have become far and few between luxuries now that i'm all growed up and just starting to sprout into adulthood.  In no particular order though I like to brew beer, squirrel hunt, rabbit hunt, shoot trap, would like to deer hunt, love coonhunting, absolutely love playing videogames mostly on the PC, i luv videotaping twisters trying to get close in as possible, admit i have a gun fetish... so i like to shoot. Camping is awesome, so is fishing while camping, and other things are fun when camping too  :D  . My strangest hobby is making maps, houses, cities whole thing. i'll do it on MS paint its so wierd admitidly because i add every single tree and house, etc... they can stretch for miles computerwise. Dunno why I do it.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 01:40:36 AM »
obviously my 2 biggest things are huntin, and fishing....then family....and God is every day...

1.deer with bow or gun

2.small game: either fury or flying whichever crosses my mind

3.walleye fishing and the occasional smallie is welcomed

4.bullheads/catfish for fun with lots of beer and bonfire

5.when not in the outdoors; hangin with family or comp. with beer in hand
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 03:21:29 AM »
Me... I just like shootin holes in my luggage... :roll:

Well, let's see here. I like hunting predators, small, & large game; Fishin for whatever swims; Hiking; Kids; Dating; Cooking/Eating; Working on computers; Chillin with my dad; Reloading for Rifle & Handgun; etc...
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »
Besides family, making knives (no longer hobby status since long ago), sniping squirrels and the occasional rabbit and varmint, fishing mostly for catfish, hunting mushrooms, messing with our dogs, and being here.
While not at work or in the shop, I also like to go to auctions, flea markets, and yard sales looking for tools and materials for the shop. I also keep an eye out for sporting goods while there, too. I've picked up some real deals snooping at those places.
I like to read, too.

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments