November 22, 2017, 02:18:48 AM

Author Topic: Bear hunt to raise money for school trip  (Read 3586 times)

Offline mainemooseguide

Bear hunt to raise money for school trip
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:11:47 AM »

RAGGED LAKE OUTFITTERS
T2 R13 Wels
Ragged Lake, Maine
1-603-312-0711

HUNTING DATES   AUG. 25 Ė30, 2008

First and foremost, I would like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Rick Varney and Iím a Master Maine Guide. For the past 30 years Iíve also worked as a Police Officer. I am also currently assigned as the S.R.O. (School Resource Officer) at Noble High School in North Berwick, Maine.
Our school is attempting to raise funds for their Music Department to take over 200 students on a trip to New York City this upcoming spring. Because my grand daughter is one of these students, our family has to decide to assist in the schoolís fundraising efforts. Iím not much into the traditional fundraisers that include yard sales and selling candy bars. We do, however, enjoy taking people into the woods and fields of our beautiful state to hunt, fish, camp, or just to enjoy this area of the country. My son Alden and I are both experienced Guides. Alden has over 50 bear sites in North Western Maine and is willing to provide a couple of these sites for a couple lucky winners to use.
With all of that said, we are running a Maine Black Bear Hunting Raffle, which I hope you and your friends will take advantage of. This hunt will take place around Township T2 R13 WELS in the northwestern part of Maine during the 1st week of the bear-hunting season of 2008. (AUG. 25 Ė30, 2008)  Raffle tickets are just $10.00 per ticket for this 6-day hunt for two people. This hunt will also include all lodging, food, any gate fees, transportation, and guide fees. Winners must provide their own transportation to and from your home to the lodge. Hunters must also obtain a Maine Hunting License and Bear permit, hunting clothes, and any other personal necessity. The camp will provide all bedding and towels. The camp provides generator, AC/DC, gaslights, hot/cold running water, showers, and a flush toilet. The camp has a cell phone for emergency use only; all other hand held cell phones DO NOT work in these areas.
When you arrive at our camp on that Sunday afternoon, my wife, Marie and I will greet you and give you a brief tour of the facilities (Please NO PETS on this trip). Following the tour you will enjoy social time and later that day you will be treated to your first meal, which will consist of Twin 1 ľ Lb. Maine lobster, Steamed Clams, French Fries, Corn on the Cob, and a wonderful dessert. Your main meals for the remainder of the trip will be served around 1pm each day. Before you go out on your hunt the lodge will treat you to a great meal each day. Meals include: Beef Steak with all the fixing, New England boiled dinner, Trash Can Turkey (Thanksgiving), BBQ Chicken, and many more. A dessert will follow each of the main meals. Breakfast will be available each morning. Soup, Salads, and Sandwiches will await you after you return from your hunt in the evening.
Please help us support our children and Noble High School; purchase a raffle ticket for just $10.00. Come to Maine and enjoy a hunt of a lifetime. If you or your friends want an additional raffle tickets, please donít hesitate and contact me to make arraignments. Enclosed is a self-address stamped envelope for your convenience to send the ticket stubs and payment back to us. The drawing for this trip will be May 1, 2008 and the results will be posted on: http://knight.noble-hs.sad60.k12.me.us/
MAKE CHECKs PAYABLE TO:   NOBLE HIGH MUSIC DEPARTMENT

Thank you in advance for your support;

Ragged Lake Outfitters                                               Rick
           Ragged Lake, Maine
      T2 R 13 Wels
Master Guide      82A Pine Hill Road
Rick Varney      Berwick, Maine 03901
e-mail:   Marsvarney@comcast.net
Phone:    1-603-312-0711

I this post is fine  --- we are just attempting the give the kids the best trip that we can. Any support you can give us will be great

Thanks Again

Rick
Rick

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Bear hunt to raise money for school trip
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:42:21 PM »
Welcome to Gut Pile Style Rick.  Everyone is probably expecting an advertising ban hammer here - but this isn't for Rick's gain - it's for the kids.   O0 

Hopefully we can beg some bear info and stories out of ol' Rick while the raffle is in play.  Being in Maine - he's got to have some good ones.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
Welcome to Gut Pile Style Rick.  Everyone is probably expecting an advertising ban hammer here - but this isn't for Rick's gain - it's for the kids.   O0 

Hopefully we can beg some bear info and stories out of ol' Rick while the raffle is in play.  Being in Maine - he's got to have some good ones.

not at all I seen it was for the kids hhehehhehehe
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:19:55 AM »
Yeah... we'll let him slide this time. :evil:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 06:26:23 AM »
that all sounds awesome!
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline mainemooseguide

MAINE BLACK BEAR HUNT RAFFLE WINNER
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »
The raffle to benefit Noble High Music Department was a huge success, thanks to all of you who purchased raffle tickets. The school sold over 2500 tickets and our Trip to New York City was Grand, the Music Department brought home a 1st in Band and a 2nd place trophy for chorus.
As much as I would have liked to have seen every one of you win the hunt that was not possible. The winning Ticket # 0901 belonged to Mr. Jack Stroud from Maine. Mr. Stroud will be taking the hunt, along his son.
Thanks again for your support from Ragged Lake Outfitters and Noble High School Music Department in North Berwick, Maine

Thanks for your Support:

Rick Varney
Rick

Facebook Comments