December 18, 2017, 02:14:10 AM

Author Topic: Ladder Stand  (Read 2225 times)

BBF

Ladder Stand
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:19:49 PM »
I am in the market for a new single seat  ladder treestand. My two seater is too heavy for me to schlep around. I don't have a store within 1 days drive to look or buy so I need to Mail Order. The Company that does carry them has three brands,  Big Game, Cabela's and Rivers Edge.
 I need one with arm rests to act as lateral barriers. Sitting on a skinny platform 15+ feet up without them isn't even coming out of the hangar. I wouldn't even know how to turn around to plant my butt up there without something to grab besides the tree. Feedback please

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Ladder Stand
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:09:33 PM »
they come with seat belts?? i got one that has nada up there think nowi am gonna fix that...
when in doubt shoot twice

BBF

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:28 PM »
Dunno about seat belts, armrests and some sort of bar in the front is what I had in mind. These are available in the Deluxe Versions.  I know they got these safety harnesses but you got to get up there first and mess around with them before you can attach yourself to the tree. That may happen after I am firmly planted on that deluxe seat.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
I've got a Hunter's View that has armrest and a swing over shooting rail. I've had it for several years. I don't use the shooting rail but the arm rests are nice. This stand does have a suspension seat that attaches to the tree. The only problem I have is the tree needs to be almost telephone pole straight to get it set up, and it is a 16 ft. making it very difficult for an old crippled fool like me to set up by myself so I haven't used it for a couple of years. I have found ground blinds a lot easier
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

BBF

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 07:07:13 AM »
 >:(

more sad news in regards to ladder stands. I e-mailed Cabela's and asked which of the stands they have was  NOT MADE IN CHINA.

Their answer, we are very sorry, but ALL of them we have are made there. :tickedoff

Facebook Comments