November 20, 2017, 04:28:12 AM

Author Topic: Indiana Youth opener  (Read 946 times)

Offline Feverforever

• Thunder Chicken
Indiana Youth opener
« on: April 19, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
Hello to all. I hope everyone has done their homework for the upcoming turkey season. Our season doesn't officially open until Wednesday, But the weekend before is always a youth season. Our neighborhood church has an organized hunt with all the kids in the neighborhood. I usually try to take a kid out at least one of the two days. This morning as daylight broke, we found ourselves in the woods once again. The sounds of toms filled the cool spring air. When the birds fly down, we have two toms pitch down toward us, only to hang up at seventy yards. After a little reassurance i coaxed the birds into thirty-five yards. Still gobbling profusely, the toms were suprised when the woods behind them was lit up by a thunderous gobbling. The two toms took no time in making a straight line for the nearest cover. Soon following, the six beautiful longbeards responsible for the racket came into view. The show was magnificent, but we just couldnt get a clear shot for the young boy. After what seemed like an eternity, the group of bachelors decided they were to be elsewhere and retreated into the timber. The young man was just as pleased to have been close enough to feel them gobble, as he would have been pulling the trigger. Although a bird down would make everyone feel a little more up, I am thankful that i got to spend one more amazing day in the turkey woods. I would also like to encourage everyone to take a little time to introduce someone new to the outdoors, no matter what age. They're life and yours just may never be the same..

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Indiana Youth opener
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »
Hey, welcome to GPS, Fever! Nice going, taking a kid hunting, too.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Indiana Youth opener
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 01:52:21 PM »
Welcome to Gut Pile Style Feverforever!!  I can't believe I missed this post.  That sounds like one awesome morning.  Keep us posted on the rest of the season.   O0
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments