October 23, 2017, 10:19:15 PM

Author Topic: Tru-Fire Switchblade  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Tru-Fire Switchblade
« on: April 23, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
I read a blurb on these in a magazine - looks like they were just released to the market.  Pretty sweet.   8)

It reads: 

TruFire Switchblade Broadhead. The First Tru Mechanical Broadhead with no O-Rings or Rubber Bands. Upon contact with the target the tip is pushed in, deploying and locking the blades into place before the broadhead penetrates the target. This gives you maximum cutting diameter on the entry hole as well as the exit hole. The TruFire SwitchBlades rear deploying blades won't deflect angled shots. To Re-Set the Switchblade to the closed position simply pull the tip back out. 100 / 125 Grain 3 pack.

Anyone know anything on them? 

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Tru-Fire Switchblade
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »
If they "lock" open like that, they would be considered a barbed head in most states and illegal for deer hunting.

I don't know exactly how the regs usually read, but anything that locks open like that, where the back tip of the blade doesn't go back into the shaft is considered barbed and can only be used for fish.

Bummer too.  It looks like a pretty good head.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 01:41:14 PM »
Hmm, hoyt or somebody else just posted about a different new broadhead that works on the same principal and has the same advantages. It's a few threads behind this one. They look good. I want to try one of the two this fall, but have yet to hear firsthand how they preform.

Offline TMTKTO

• thats right
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:08:24 AM »
they do look good but i had some bad experiences with mechanical broadheads.
"STICK EM"

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »
Rage heads?? Everybody hates those! I just got my redhead 700 page hunting catalog and 250 page archery catalog in the mail, and everytime I see those heads, I think "good idea!". Their website videos explain how they work and lock pretty well. Once I grab my catalog I'll post the name of the nigh identical partner to these blades.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:58:35 AM »
Undertaker heads are the ones rather similar to these switchblades.

Offline GotstaHunt

• Applied for my club membership...
  • Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead !!!
    • KaRu Lures
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 11:55:06 PM »
I stay clear of all mechanicals. They are all junk in my opinion. Check out this no BS test.

Broadhead Test
Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead!!!
R&R Sports
2014 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, Iowa
Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois Premier Archery and Hunting Store
Featuring Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, Parker, Martin, Liberty, Bennelli, Beretta, Franchi, Remington, Mossberg, Stoeger, Lone Wolf Treestands, KaRu Lures and many others.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 12:23:37 AM »
there kinda like the old puckett blood trailer heads from early 90's
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline corona672

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »
i got these heads last weekend and shot one acouple times to see how they worked.... they flew just fine and made a same size exit and entering hole with a bunch of material pushed out in the middle from the oversized tip. worked fine on angled shots as well with very good penertration. only thing i dont like is there is allitle bit of play on the blades when they are open and closed but they seem strong enough and i dont think it will make a huge difference.

Facebook Comments