November 19, 2017, 07:25:01 AM

Author Topic: A few catfishes  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: A few catfishes
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:16 PM »
I will have to agree with ya there, BBF! We are limited to catfish and few choices in this area, as for game fish.
As for Sonny, owner of Sonnys Bait, he lives just a few miles from home here and is well known in our area. He also delivers some of his product personally.
I have a catfish magazine that their writers mention Sonny quite often. Thing is, ol' Sonny himself is a catfisherman and one of the catfishing legends around the USA.

John I really like the stuff.I have also been using Magic Baits Hog Wild with decent success.The old timers keep telling me once the water warms,I`ll be investing in some dip bait stock  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 08:31:27 AM »
Some claim to have sucess with stinkbait in cold water. I have never had luck with it until the weather and water has warmed up. Last weekend they had great luck with the Sonny's and fresh chicken livers.
I saw about a 12 pounder that was taken on bankpole/minnow when the fella ran his bankpoles. That was the only luck he had on his bankpoles that whole day, but he had some other really nice ones using the Sonnys.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »
Seems like everything has been a bust here.I took the jugs out Sat and Sun but didn`t even get them wet.Seems the north end of the river is filled with turtles.

I think were going to have to thin out a few!

turkeynutz

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »
I love poppen turtle heads! They give you some good practice! O0

Facebook Comments