November 20, 2017, 11:17:50 PM

Author Topic: Big 58 cal AKA. Dragonslayer comes to FL  (Read 4539 times)

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
Big 58 cal AKA. Dragonslayer comes to FL
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:31:20 AM »
Big 58 cal got a helpers permit and went on some nuisance gator calls with me. He is the man ! He stood toe to toe less than 3 feet! from a 7 plus footer and took it out before we even ate breakfast that morning  O0

He didnt know it but my regular bangstick is in the shop so he was using my 5 ft handle ;D That gets you up close and personal with the gator.

Here are a couple pics I took some of mine didnt turn out well , I hope he has more.
 We got 4 gators that day and went on calls about others . I have been covered up with small gator complaints :sad: I wish I would have had more time to spend out hunting with him he is a great guy O0 and outdoorsman and I hope we hunt again

I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Big 58 cal AKA. Dragonslayer comes to FL
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »

I was looking at this picture the gators was shot in the brainstem, his spine cut, and still had his eyes on 58 cal

I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 01:19:12 AM »
man we sent him down for you to use as bait not to help out...   thats great though you guys got out to do some gater thumping!!   nice shots too
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »
I wish it would have been a better week I was covered up with small gators and no giants . He did well though he got a gator that was bigger than him , and stood his ground till he got the shot it was a perfect shot for the first gator right in its brain which is a dime size area. The gator was less than 1 yard from him also O0

He should have some better pics on his camera my camera didnt take some of the pictures . I was thinking about using him for bait but his wife and kid would have missed him while they were riding the Disney rides that week ;D He says in his signature "Life I'snt Disney bulls*it" but I think he likes the big eared rat he spent a week there :twisted:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 05:48:20 PM by gatortrapper »
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 06:43:14 PM »
Sooo, can we expect to see a gator in the "Critter Cleaning" section?
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:38 PM »
I explained to him how they are done but we took them to the processors to be cleaned . They have girls that can process them quicker than I can get one started. It also is mandatory to have them processed in a approved place so we can sell the meat. And it cuts into my gator catching time if I skinned them all.

I will have to do one and take pictures of how its done or if 58 cal comes back down and has more time we will do one. I skin one on ocassion they are tough to skin after they get 5 feet or more . A 4 footer can have all the cuts made and its hide pulled off.
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:45:05 PM »
I explained to him how they are done but we took them to the processors to be cleaned .

But how gutpilestyle is that  ;D ;D ;D

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »
Been wonderin' where the Big guy got off to. Hadn't seen him around for awhile and his auctions are timed out. Now we know  O0
 How much do them hides bring anyway ?
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »
I finally made it back.  I'm here to tell you, 6 days down there at Disney is ENTIRELY too much! >:(  Getting out with Gatortrapper was a welcome relief! :D

I downloaded all of the pictures from the cameras, but with 650 pictures to go through, I haven't gotten them finished yet.  I'll get the gator pictures resized tonight and try to get them posted.

man we sent him down for you to use as bait not to help out...

I think that crossed his mind at first, but after being there a little while, I think he decided that I was of more use helping than as bait. ;D  Gators want meat, not fat to chew on. ;D ;D ;D

There's something to be said about standing right next to a critter that can take your leg off if he decides to. :shock:  The one I got was only 7 feet, so I can only imagine what it would be like to be up next to a 9-10' gator that's not in the best of moods. :idiot2

I learned a very valuable lesson down there........  When using a bang stick, you actually have to "hit" the gator with it instead of putting it on top of their head and then jabbing down. ;D  For some reason, they don't seem to like being pushed on their head like that. ;D  It seems to "irritate" them a little. :roll:

Gatortrapper is a heck of a nice guy and fun to be around.  I had a pretty good adrenaline rush going when I was getting ready to bang stick that first one, but I really can't say I was scared.  With as many gators as Gatortrapper has gotten, I knew I was in pretty good hands. O0  We had a good day running around together.  He was even nice enough to clean out his truck the day before I got there.  What more could a feller ask for? ;D O0  I got to meet his wife and got a peek at their new little baby girl.  She's a cute little thing.  Definitely doesn't take back after her daddy. O0 ;D  I just wish I would have had more time to spend out chasing the gators.  Maybe again before too long. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
But how gutpilestyle is that  ;D ;D ;D

Techno it gets pretty much like a gutpile ;D Today I had to pick up a roadhit gator thats guts were busted out and check out my bag of bait on his back . You have to let the meat/guts get the right color green before they make good bait :)

Your welcome anytime 58cal and I would enjoy taking your boy out with us . And a 7 footer is a dangerous critter I am only 5 ft 10 its longer than I am ! Its not everyday I get a chance at a 9 plus footer I had a strech of small ones after you left then I got a lucky day.

You did great that gator was pissed off soon as he saw us and you got the job done O0

It was truck cleaning day again today  :)here is my truck after a usual day, that roadhit gator was nasty underneath he got drug down the road till it about wore through the bone on his back

I am a dinosaur hunter

Facebook Comments