November 19, 2017, 03:32:23 AM

Author Topic: Big 58 cal AKA. Dragonslayer comes to FL  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Big 58 cal AKA. Dragonslayer comes to FL
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:51 PM »
Here's one of the first one we got.  This is the one that didn't like the first little "push" on his head. ;D  I'll resize the other pictures tonight.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:53:27 AM »
OK, here's some of the other pictures.  Total, I think I had about 40 pictures on the camera from the day.  Had a good time and definitely want to do it again! O0

Sorry for all of the blood in the pic, but we weren't near any water to wash it out with.

Here's one of Gatortrapper getting ready to go "fishing".  LOL! :idiot2

The day's haul.....

Here's the 2 little ones we pulled out of the one lake.  The one is all taped up because he's still alive.  Also, if it give you any indication of how small that little boat was, I'm sitting in the front of the boat and Gatortrapper is in the back! ;D

This is one of the 2 little ones after we finally traced the line around and figured out where he was at.

This gator is the little one that we caught alive.  I was holding the catch pole while Gatortrapper was taping the little critter up. O0

This was the 2nd gator we got of the morning.  The big pile of pond weeds at the water's edge was caught up in the line, making getting to the little bugger a little exciting at first. :shock:

The last picture of the day.  Gatortrapper and I were back at his house with me getting ready to take off.  We conned his wife into snapping a picture of the two of us. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
That's sure awesome!  :shock: Between BC and gator, I can't imagine anything getting away.  :twisted: I bet you are ready to go again, BC.
The pictures are great, too.
You fried up some gator since you got back home, BC?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »
Hey BC you might marinate some of the steaks and throw them on medium to low heat on the grill as well as frying some  O0

and John we had a few small ones get away but nothing we really wanted I had a brand new reel that I had to get used to . But the big ones we had caught good , I pulled the 7 footer in right up to BC's feet :twisted: so he could blast it
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
Hey BC you might marinate some of the steaks and throw them on medium to low heat on the grill as well as frying some  O0

and John we had a few small ones get away but nothing we really wanted I had a brand new reel that I had to get used to . But the big ones we had caught good , I pulled the 7 footer in right up to BC's feet :twisted: so he could blast it

I may have to try some of it on the grill this weekend. O0

Yep, right up to my feet.  There's something to be said about a feller putting a P.O.'ed gator right at your feet...... ??? :idiot2

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nah, it was a good time!  Wish I could do it again today. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 08:16:06 AM »
Now Kentucky has a gator man.  O0 You are gonna start a new latest trend in Kentucky, gator on the barbie.  O0 
Know what else? You have a belt or shoes made of one of your gators and tell folks just where that gator came from when asked.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
Now Kentucky has a gator man.  O0 You are gonna start a new latest trend in Kentucky, gator on the barbie.  O0 
Know what else? You have a belt or shoes made of one of your gators and tell folks just where that gator came from when asked.  :)

Nah, I didn't get to keep anything from "my" gator.  They have to cool for 24 hrs before they can be skinned & processed, and I was only down there for the day.  I didn't really care about the hide anyway.  I just wanted to go out and meet Gatortrapper and spend a day running around with him, and get a little meat if possible. :wink:  I left that day with all of the meat Gatortrapper had had in his freezer, a couple of gator heads/skulls and a bunch of pictures so that I could always remember the good time we had had that day. O0  That's more than I was after to begin with. :) O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »
I did enjoy the day and we got close to 25 feet of gator before lunchtime.  O0 I wish I would have had more time to show you the refuge and other wilderness areas down here BC .  I did enjoy it and in a few years maybe your son can join us

I have been busy shaking salt out of gatorhides for the summer hide grade. Its a job unfolding and shaking salt out of hides then resalting them and folding then packing for shipping. there was close to 2000 wild gator hides from the east coast area here of FL. We had a couple hides that stretched over 14 feet but they were rough hides all scarred up.

We (the trappers) are catching some flack from petards :tickedoff . Somehow they got into a processing place and filmed a gator being skinned . The gator didnt cool for the 24 hr period . And while it was being skinned it still moved a bit. They turned it into gator trappers skin gators alive for their hides :idiot2. Its no different then froglegs still kicking in a pan but they make it out to like we skin them alive. I havent seen the video but there is a reason for the 24 hr cooling period. They could sling a knife blade in your hand hours after death
I am a dinosaur hunter

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 07:01:18 PM »
Just like a snapper. We always hung dead ones until they quit kicking and moving. If you didn't, you could have gotten the knife kicked into you.

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »
Hey there Gutpilers I have been busy with the baby and work . I have had to move to big water to get the gators now since its so hot inland . Here is a 10 footer we caught on rod and reel this am in a place called Peacocks Pocket its a well known Redfish area during tournaments . Big 59 cal I will be sending you some gator souviners soon . I have scouted out some good deer and hog hunting places  so hopefully I will be breaking in the knife you give me soon O0

Here is the gator he was a mean saltwater gator But I calmed him  down ;D

I am a dinosaur hunter

Facebook Comments