August 22, 2019, 12:28:07 AM

Author Topic: ammo question  (Read 1930 times)

Offline mel

ammo question
« on: September 15, 2004, 09:56:28 PM »
I have an old Remington 550-I the barrel is stamped that it is able to shoot   S,L,LR  I want to know if I try to shot the hotter rounds of ammo
such as stingers or others could it damage my rifle.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
ammo question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 07:42:34 AM »
It shouldn't matter what kind of ammo you shoot out of it.  If there are any warnings though, you should be able to find them on Remington's web site.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline john

ammo
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 09:20:05 AM »
i shoot cci minimags out of my 50year old remington 514 singleshot.the power.22 rounds have isn't enough to domuch damage . looking at my rifle theres alost asmuch metal on it as  my .223 ...,oreimportantthen gaining a few fps s*itting what you shoot at. each rifle will shootbest with a certain ammo. buy several brands and carefully sight in . then hold your best shot groups. when you find that combo that works best, stick with it. don't fallinto the trap of more power must be better. i have abuddy that swears by his .44mag,but he can't hit hooey with it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
ammo question
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 11:20:39 PM »
I have a model 60 Marlin that LOVES Stingers. on the other hand, my brother's 10/22 does not group them well. Yep, it depends on the gun. I had a High Standard Military that loved the Mini Mags, but I know that other guns would prefer a different fodder. If your rifle really likes the Stingers, I fully recommend using them. They are really deadly on small game, and I have sent a couple of curious coyotes to their promised land  while squirrel hunting, using Stingers. If you don't already know, you should see what a Stinger does to a small game head!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments