November 21, 2017, 12:36:20 PM

Author Topic: BBQ or Fried  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Big Papa

BBQ or Fried
« on: September 16, 2004, 09:53:36 AM »
I am going for the first time this weekend   I am a positive person and I will get my limit ( I hope)  Do ya'll fry them or BBQ I need a good recipe my moms coming over and I want to wow her,she won't eat squirrel says they are tree rats  so I am going to trick her yes I know how devious I am to mess with momma
Big Papa is here!!

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
bbq or fried
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 04:11:33 PM »
yes!

i like them rolled in cornflour with salt and pepper then fried in bacon grease. bbq is great too. soupwith homemade dumplings,,, god theres a million ways. guess i gottaget more squirrel

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
BBQ or Fried
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 07:55:32 PM »
Check out the recipe section of this site.  It's near the bottom in the Discussion section.  I posted a bunch of recipes for squirrels in there.  One of my favorite is the Squirrel Jambalya =P~   It's GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

You can't really tell that it's squirrel meat in it.  I use regular Polish sausage in mine.  I used the Chorizo sausage once and it was almost too hot to eat! :shock:

If you're looking at tricking someone, the jambalya would be a good way to go.  If she asks, tell her it's the the dark meat off a chicken. 8)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
BBQ or Fried
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 12:14:58 PM »
I fry all my squirrels in flour, and then make gravy. You GOTTA make squirrel gravy!  I enjoy the taste of squirrel, and for me,  I get the most out of it when I fry them. :D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
Re: BBQ or Fried
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »
I've had it fried before it tasted GREAT!!!!! but was very tough so I would go with bbq although I have not tried it I would try cutting it in half long ways and grill it with bbq sauce made from brown suger, ketchup, greap jelly, and your favorite bbq suace all mixed up to your liking lathering every time you turn your squirrel halves.
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 06:31:34 PM »
Heres a lil secret, soak em in buttermilk over night then batter and fry em up! Like John says, your tongue will beat your face to death! O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »
Check out the recipe section of this site.  It's near the bottom in the Discussion section.  I posted a bunch of recipes for squirrels in there.  One of my favorite is the Squirrel Jambalya =P~   It's GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

You can't really tell that it's squirrel meat in it.  I use regular Polish sausage in mine.  I used the Chorizo sausage once and it was almost too hot to eat! :shock:

If you're looking at tricking someone, the jambalya would be a good way to go.  If she asks, tell her it's the the dark meat off a chicken. 8)
  O0 Some folks refer to squirrel as being "limb chicken" to others at the table that may have qualms about eating squirrel.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 11:56:52 PM »
I like t5o cook them in a pressure cooker until the meat falls off the bone, then dump them in a bag with some flour, shake it up good them introduce the pieces to Mr. Cast Iron Skillet until they are golden brown. Squirrel McNuggets. Save the broth for gravy and biscuts
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Facebook Comments