October 22, 2017, 07:57:16 AM

Author Topic: "D" needs some help with the rest of his life ??  (Read 931 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
"D" needs some help with the rest of his life ??
« on: June 23, 2008, 06:09:36 PM »
WELL! Here goes!

The wife and I were kicking around an idea. I'm retired and need something to do and she has 6/8 years left with the school district for her 30 years she can go at 28 years. any way we were in Fort Benton MT this week end fishing and were talking. We had an opportunity many years back to move there and pasted on it and here we are thinking about it again. What we were talking about was this, If a person could sell our house in Great Falls MT  we could get an equal one in FB for about half the price but FB is 50 miles from GF and she would eat up all the profit in gas. BUT If she could get a part time job like at there library or school district offices and if I could do some river guiding we could live ok . What I need to know is how much would some one pay to take a day long boat trip ? We were thinking like to PN bridge with is the other side of the white cliffs on the Missouri in the wild and scenic monument. Like 90 miles round trip. The fishing the time of year that we can run the river under power is not the beat time. So it would be a picture thing mostly and walking in Lewis and Clark's foot steps. Some of the river is open all year and a guy could use it during deer season. What would you expect on a trip like that ? $200,$300? It would involve like 50 to 60 gallons of gas each time. IDEAS ???

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: "D" needs some help with the rest of his life ??
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »
Idea looks sound, you just need fee prices. I wouldn't have a clue as to how much to charge. Call some competition, asked interested in taking a trip, and get prices from them.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:44:22 AM »
I was not thinking about guiding for hunting or fishing. I do know the Inc thing is big I was not trying to "PAY" for the move with this just has to brake even to win. Some thing to do and not go broke.I would be a Facilitator or transporter. I have not looked in to this with the FWP or BLM just looking for some ideas as to what people would want to do. What would bring them to this part of MT for a day or two, and spend $$$$. I did find one guy ding this now and I even talked with him before I knew about this. He has an 1980 ish hewes with a 350 that takes up 1/2 the boat. oops that went astray sorry. any way this is his place and prices.

http://www.missouribreaksriverco.com/

a bit confusing for me but it looks like around $250 to $300

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »
First, I would look at the area and how much tourism you would get, and what "type" of people they are.  That would be the main thing.  The same service will have varying fees, depending upon the area and who the consumer is.

I would say, if you find this information out, it will determine if it would be viable and what you could charge. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »
So what would expect??
 would this bring you to Montana

or this ??

Lots of this?

would you need some to see or do on the way out or back?? This is stuff I need to know. May be you just need to be 100's of miles way from any were imparticular ??
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:56:21 PM by D4570 »

Offline travo

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 12:03:57 AM »
jack the friggin price through the roof. the people that pay money to do that stuff are the same people who like to brag about how much everything they have costs. run the rates up an you'll be booked for a long time. just expect to be fetching those silver spooned nimwits their carpet slippers and remember to drink your tea with your pinky in the air. then, run all the way to the bank. good luck!!!

Facebook Comments