October 17, 2017, 11:04:49 AM

Author Topic: broadheads  (Read 8400 times)

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: broadheads
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »
I was kinda interested in the rage two blade head.I just personally have not been been much of a mech head shooter except for last year shot the brutes(sidewinders) did a great job for me.That was a nice hole in deer did you get a pass thru?If you didn't I understand shoulder is tough how much penetration did ya get.Was the broad head in good shape after wards not bent or nothing.In your opion do you think there worth the money.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
I was kinda interested in the rage two blade head.I just personally have not been been much of a mech head shooter except for last year shot the brutes(sidewinders) did a great job for me.That was a nice hole in deer did you get a pass thru?If you didn't I understand shoulder is tough how much penetration did ya get.Was the broad head in good shape after wards not bent or nothing.In your opion do you think there worth the money.
It did pass thru but I never found the broadhead because the arrow broke. I only found the other half with the fletchings covered in blood. Even with the bad placement the deer only ran 50 yds and piled up. They are a little pricey but they performed as advertised.
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »
after all the hipe of the Rage's.....I was going to try them but the Cabelas's I go to was all out of them.....so I just bought some replacement blades to freshen up my old Thunderhead 125's

SCHINK
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline Mike in WV

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 09:29:14 PM »
I used the Rage 2 blade 100gr this year and I will continue to use them. I like them better than the spitfires from the last 2 years and muzzys from years past. Great choice in heads. I was actually get a bigger entrance than exit. Two shots, two pass thrus and all kinda damage. Photo of entrance.
Give em the shaft }}=======}

Offline newhunter

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
Crimson talon  125 grain.

turkeynutz

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »
Whats with them rubber gloves Mike? ;D You doing surgery on that thing or what? ^-^

Offline Mike in WV

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 10:39:44 PM »
No had a bad issue with desease deer last couple years cant be to safe but havent found anything wrong with them in our area. Plus last year I had to search a gut pile to find my wedding ring. ;D
Give em the shaft }}=======}

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 12:08:33 AM »
I ended up shooting magnum stingers at a pig who died soon...and a tree(went through my friends old foam backstop). It was the same head and it still looks awsome, even after ripping it out of an oak tree. That 1 head is still putting my arrows on spot at 35 yards.

As for rages, I just saw a pic of a doe shot in this county which was quartering away. It looked like somebody had hit the thing with a spear! 7'' entrance wound with 3'' exit! AMAZING proof....if they open.

turkeynutz

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 12:23:05 AM »
No had a bad issue with desease deer last couple years cant be to safe but havent found anything wrong with them in our area. Plus last year I had to search a gut pile to find my wedding ring. ;D
I forgot, they got that desease up your way. I aint never wore any gloves to cut up my deer. And am glad we dont have them deseases down here.

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 10:47:19 PM »
I always wear gloves messing with deer because lyme scares me. Hogs always get arm-length dish gloves to protect against possible nicks and brucellosis. I took great solace in being able to quickly go through a heap of birds with the added dexterity of gloveless hands... but now even that is changing. Apparently you can get west nile directly from contacting blood of infected ducks and snipe! So now i gotta use gloves to butcher everything(except fish...that would be pretty hard with those slippery things)

Facebook Comments