October 19, 2017, 11:34:25 PM

Author Topic: broadheads  (Read 8413 times)

Offline cabinkeeper101st

Re: broadheads
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 10:50:14 PM »
I was kinda interested in the rage two blade head.I just personally have not been been much of a mech head shooter except for last year shot the brutes(sidewinders) did a great job for me.That was a nice hole in deer did you get a pass thru?If you didn't I understand shoulder is tough how much penetration did ya get.Was the broad head in good shape after wards not bent or nothing.In your opion do you think there worth the money.
Hello,I'm new here,anyway,I always used THUNDERHEADS(100grain)but then I wanted to try the RAGE.
First I used the 2 blade and like their flight,the 3 blade shoot well.I love the practice tip they supply with each pack.
With the THUNDER HEADS I would have 2 adjust my sights every pre-season
will stick with the 2 blade RAGE for sure.
GOOD LUCK,MAY U'R FREEZER NEVER FILL WITH FROST,AND MAY U'R RUT BE LONG AND HARD,LOL

turkeynutz

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »
Well welcome to the pile bud. The way I see it, if it will kill the animal, use it! O0

Offline truk

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »
i still like the wasp 100 grain

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 09:59:42 AM »
http://www.slicktrick.net/products.html    this broadhea will fly like a field point and opened them up so a blind can follow them.Huge holes.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline deadly instinct

• Is it a tropical Island or Grand Taverse county?
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »
Hey can anyone give me some advice on mechanical broad heads, just got a new bow, and am changing everything i am used to, can I say moving into the 21st century of bowhunting, I have always shot fixed blade and aluminium arrows, am switching to carbons and mechanical. I have heard alot of both good and bad things about Rage mechanicals, and I like how they deploy backwards for the quickest opening and am leaning toward the 2 blade for the sheer cut dia. 2", thats huge, and I always pass thru. any thoughts on what you shoot and why they are good, or have you shot the rage 2 blades? how close are they to practice points, any insite would be fantastic???
I wish I could bottle that feeling you get right after the KILL! That is why I hunt, and the Jerky!

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 11:00:17 PM »
Well The gators are basic same thing as rage just better made2 inch cut only problem is not being made any more but still alot of them around.The grim  reaper is a great mech also.If your looking for a good cheap well made mech for about 12.50 a pack with 1 1/2 cut Pse brute.The Rage seem to be a very expensive flimsy made broad head.The three blade rage seems alittle better made but a smaller cut.I shot the brutes a year or so back made a couple post on them even posted some pics.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
I have and still shoot rage 2 blades and like them very much. They leave a hell of a hole and even on bad shots cause alot of bleeding. See the pic on the bottom of page 1 of this post. O0
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline the deer slayer

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 11:02:28 PM »
ross cardiac. 70 pounds. 27 1/2 inch draw. trophy ridge verticle pin sights. hoyt stabilizer. gold tip xt hunter 5575 arrows. 4 inch blazers. rage 2 blade broadheads. this will be my first year bow hunting. ever. i am only 15. in gonna try to take my first gobbler, with my first bow.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »
well good luck there with the turkey.

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »
Since I shoot traditional gear I only use Magnus. No complaints from the deer, hogs and turkey yet.

BTW......

I think it's smart to take precautions when dressing any game these days. I don't wear gloves but I know I should. I've been told by friends in south Georgia and Florida that the hogs they're taking all to often are not in the best of shape, no telling what they could be carrying around?

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments