October 20, 2017, 12:21:25 PM

Author Topic: Forgiveness  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Forgiveness
« on: July 31, 2008, 01:23:13 PM »
Long axled bows=forgiving and easily shot.
Large brace heights also equal forgiveness.

Has anybody shot any of these new almost oxymoronical bows they are making that shoot like 340 fps with a 6.25'' brace and 40'' axle? Are they forgiving, or does the microscopic brace negate the long axle length? And is the opposite of that spectrum also forgiving- i.e. 8.25'' brace ;30'' axle?

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: Forgiveness
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:33:40 PM »
well some of these bows make that speed or close with 7 inch braces.The sts that almost come standard on these faster bows help with with people abilities and shooting forms.The sts is not a cure all for bad form,I wouldn't recommend bows with 6 inch braces for beginner's.I guess best advice would be to find a pro shop and shoot a couple of these bows and see for yourself what you think. 
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline GotstaHunt

• Applied for my club membership...
  • Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead !!!
    • KaRu Lures
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »
Short brace heights usually equal unforgiving bows. I say usually because the 6" brace height on the Hoyt Katera seems to work well as far as forgivness goes. You can achieve 300-310 fps with this bow set up with a hunting arrow. The Bowtech 82nd Airborne with its 6" brace height can achieve 330-345 fps with a hunting arrow but isn't near as forgiving as the Katera.
Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead!!!
R&R Sports
2014 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, Iowa
Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois Premier Archery and Hunting Store
Featuring Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, Parker, Martin, Liberty, Bennelli, Beretta, Franchi, Remington, Mossberg, Stoeger, Lone Wolf Treestands, KaRu Lures and many others.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 10:00:17 AM »
The elite line up GT0 500, Z28 will get up there in the 300's as well an pretty nice bows.I would say they would be very close to the HOYT and 82nd air borne.The PSE x force 7 inch brace height will get you into the 300's as well.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
Well I have a Pearson z32 single cam 7inch brace height 32 inches long with an sts on it that is forgiving ,Quite,an it get 306 fps.Pearson has some greats bows coming out this year.There are alot of underrated bow companies out there that make some very nice bows http://www.apaarchery.com/index.html .There are alot of very nice bows out there that just don't put the money into advertising.

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »
If I were buying a bow this year I and had unlimited money I'd go for an Elite or Bowtech...some models have amazing efficiencies and speed+forgivness. Bowtech seems to be the cutting edge of the big 5 lately, though.
Hoyt, what is this "sts" you keep talking about. Never heard the term used before.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 10:45:35 PM »
Well I don't want to sound like Im bashing bow tech because I'm not but I would  shy away tell limb problems get resolved.http://www.stsarchery.com/rear.html  hope this answers questions on sts     Here is bow techs factory sts http://www.bowtecharchery.com/general.php  Here is hoyts version of it on factory bow http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/hoyt_katera_compound_bow.php This helps keep the string slap from short brace height bows and bad form.

Offline GotstaHunt

• KaRu Lures
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 11:04:16 PM »
Every Bow Manufacturer has problems. Mathews had the same limb issues a couple years ago with the "Thin Limbs". Bowtech has resolved theirs as well.
R&R Sports
2014 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, Iowa
Featuring Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, Parker, Martin, Liberty, Bennelli, Beretta, Franchi, Remington, Mossberg, Stoeger, Lone Wolf Treestands, KaRu Lures and many others.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »
I know every bow company has them wasn't bashing at all just know alot of people havening trouble right now with them.It happens with any bow company just alot of post being made and have several friends having trouble not saying there not a good bow just might want to hold off a bit or be careful.

Offline GotstaHunt

• KaRu Lures
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 11:48:57 PM »
Only problem I have seen is with the Tomkat limbs. Had a 50# bow limg blow apart while sighting it in. Set up about 50 other bowtechs in the last year with no problems. Are they having the problems with the split limbs or solid?
R&R Sports
2014 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, Iowa

Facebook Comments