October 17, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

Author Topic: Parkers customer service reveals itself.  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Parkers customer service reveals itself.
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:47:46 AM »
Well, I got my first taste of parker customer service this morning. While it is nice they responded to my e-mail within 12 hrs what they said does not give me hope in filing further claim on my 60# bow(lifetime warranty) which cannot be raised above 53#.

I told the people-"I fletched some arrows up with the 2'' vanes and shot them, but one vane hit the cable and ripped off. I tried it again and got the same result. The arrow rest I use dictates that the cock-fletch remain up, in line with the bow string, so I cannot turn it so the vane is out of the way. I would like to replace the cable guide rod with an offset one to prevent this, but cannot remove the original rod. I unscrewed the tap screw on the shelf side, but the rod will not unscrew or pull out. Could you instruct me either how to remove the original guide rod or suggest another way to keep the cables from contacting my vanes? Thank you so much for your help.

They said-(paraphrased)-what the heck are you saying? Forget messing with your set up because you will only find more design flaws?
"I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE BLAZER VANES. HIGH PROFILE........  I  TURNED MY FLETCHING A LITTLE SO IT WOULD NOT HIT MY CABLE . I WILL GO BACK TO REGULAR VANES AFTER I FINISH WITH THESE. I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE BLAZER VANES......."

Offline GotstaHunt

• Applied for my club membership...
  • Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead !!!
    • KaRu Lures
Re: Parkers customer service reveals itself.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
Have you changed strings and cables on this bow? What is you measured axle to axle? Does it match the factory axle to axle number? Draw weight can be resolved with a couple twists here andf there in your string and cable. As far as the clearence issue. Not all bows are created equal. Not all rests work on all bows. Have you had you center shot measured? I see this all the time and its usually caused by an inexperianced "Bow Tech" not properly tuning the bow after a rest or cable and string replacment. Also, Blazers cause clearence issues with many bows and rests. If you want to shoot blazers and you center shot is right you'll need to find a rest that allows you cock feather to be out. JM .02
Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead!!!
R&R Sports
2014 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, Iowa
Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois Premier Archery and Hunting Store
Featuring Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, Parker, Martin, Liberty, Bennelli, Beretta, Franchi, Remington, Mossberg, Stoeger, Lone Wolf Treestands, KaRu Lures and many others.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:35:39 PM »
Well tenderfoot from some of your other post about arrow flight,broad head flight,and knock angle other then straight in target.Listen to what Gotstahunt has to say he knows what he is saying.What rest are you shooting.Has this bow been paper tuned.The poundage issue could be solved by putting a few twist in string and cables more than likely.With tuning/vane clearance issues you seem to be having you will loose KE/penetration.With 53 pounds of draw weight a 2 inch cut you wouldn't get pass thru's,Then add in loss of KE due to tunning issues and open on impact heads.Are the arrows the correct spine for the bow not to light.If I was you I would take it to a good quality bow shop and have it looked at before I messed with cable guard any further.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »
I always take my bow to the best bowyer in the fanciest shop in town when I fiddle with it. I've already twisted the strings once when it wouldn't pull 60, which makes me think it is further stretch. I'll see how the poundage is when I replace strings(this ones servings are kind of messed up anyways). I'll try measuring the ATA. I shoot a QAD drop away and am thinking FOBs may be a better choice than blazers-people say they work well and I hate re-fletching due to the possibility of human error. Thanks for the help. I spent about 3 days looking over spining charts to make sure I got the right ones. My 28'' arrows out of the 55-60# I like to shoot is right on a transition line, so I got the stiffer ones.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 10:42:35 PM »
Well maybe you have some contact with your rest not dropping fast enough.http://forums.bowcountry.com/bcforums/showthread.php?t=5836 Here is something to read.

Offline GotstaHunt

• Applied for my club membership...
  • Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead !!!
    • KaRu Lures
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »
Set up properly you should be able to shoot with your cock feather in any position with that rest.
Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead!!!
R&R Sports
2014 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, Iowa
Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois Premier Archery and Hunting Store
Featuring Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, Parker, Martin, Liberty, Bennelli, Beretta, Franchi, Remington, Mossberg, Stoeger, Lone Wolf Treestands, KaRu Lures and many others.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »
try putting some lip stick on back part of an arrow and vanes. Then shoot it and see where it is touching ,you should see your contact points where the lip stick rubbed on to it.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
I don't need the lipstick...the edges of my bottom two vanes are clearly thinner from wear. Some guy on the other forum said they had updated, faster spring, which I should try, because that is all it could be. I've got it set up exactly as they instruct to. And, how is "torque" an issue with broadhead flight and accuracy?

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:13:03 PM »
anytime torque is applied to the bow your groups will spread out.Grip bow to tight a few shots.Then hold bow loosely and see which group is better.Torque is not a friend to accurate shooting.I just tried to help sounds like ya got it figured out good luck this season with the big one.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »
yeah, the lipstick is a good suggestion and if I try it I might be able to pin-point the problem(bounce back or slow fall?) I appreciate all your help, as always. If I get a big one this year, it'll be luck or skill-not countless hours in the stand. I think I am done putting in a few hours before the day gets going 5 days a week. I aint losing so much sleep over deer this year. ;D

Facebook Comments