December 15, 2017, 05:10:43 AM

Author Topic: opening day harvest  (Read 2923 times)

Offline HeavyChevy

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • Aint nothing better in life then HUNTING,HAUNTING
    • http://www.hhh-usa.org
opening day harvest
« on: September 21, 2004, 09:57:19 PM »

Got these guys opening day of michigans season.
Rick Kube
LM NAHC
MB MICHIGAN BOW HUNTERS
mb comerative bucks of michigan
LM MUDH
Founding member of HUNTERS HELPING HUNTERS.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
opening day harvest
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 06:59:58 AM »
Cool picture!  Wish we had some of those black squirrels around here.  I wouldn't mind getting one of those mounted.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline D45/70

opening day harvest
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 10:06:57 AM »
:oops: I wish we had some of the brown ones here!Our squirrels are like 10" long including the tail!We have no season so we shoot them all year long.We don't eat'em only shoot'em.Not much of a challenge,with two people one on each side of the tree and one gets a shot. 8)
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline HeavyChevy

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • Aint nothing better in life then HUNTING,HAUNTING
    • http://www.hhh-usa.org
opening day harvest
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 11:32:32 AM »
Wow no black squirells we are over run by them. I wish we had more greys then the blacks. There plenty fox squirells(big red ones) also we have been actully seeing the greys blacks and fox cross breeding. I have a black squirell on the land i hunt that has a half white tail white ears and feet. Im after him but havnt seen him since the season opened. Shot a big fox that was half grey last year was going to have mounted but kids unpluged frezzer in garage.
Rick Kube
LM NAHC
MB MICHIGAN BOW HUNTERS
mb comerative bucks of michigan
LM MUDH
Founding member of HUNTERS HELPING HUNTERS.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
opening day harvest
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 08:34:36 PM »
that is so cool!!!

Where would you try to shoot one if you meant to keep it for taxidermy????  head shot???  can you use a 22 or shuld you use a shotgun??
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
opening day harvest
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 09:45:52 PM »
If you're going to take it to the taxidermist, I'd recommend taking a shotgun.  Those little pellet holes don't show up through all of the hair, whereas a hole from a .22 might.  Definitely don't take a head shot!!!!!!  And definitely don't take a .17 HMR!!! :shock:  :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
opening day harvest
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 10:26:45 AM »
hey bc.... you could do a head shot with your 17, and just mount it with the head going into a hole of a tree.......
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline WVdeerHNTR

• Gut Pile Club Member
opening day harvest
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 01:01:23 PM »
Nice job. season here doesnt start till Oct 9
If its brown its down

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
opening day harvest
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 05:09:40 PM »
True Firekidd, very true......But if I did that, then it wouldn't give the boy anything to aim at! :wink:  :twisted:  :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
opening day harvest
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 02:04:05 AM »
Quote from: Big58cal
True Firekidd, very true......But if I did that, then it wouldn't give the boy anything to aim at! :wink:  :twisted:  :D
How right you are, BC! :D  :D HC, that's a nice bunch of squirrels! I also wish we have the black squirrels here, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments