November 18, 2017, 08:24:03 PM

Author Topic: H&R SINGLE SHOT  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Sniper81

• Rookie Club Member
H&R SINGLE SHOT
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »
i bought a single shot 22lr for coon hunting this year i can only get a good pattern and 20yds with winchester ammo was wondering about cci velocitor or stingers was wondering if anyone had exp. with these for coons and what was the pelt dammage

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: H&R SINGLE SHOT
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:07:41 AM »
Most generally the pelt damage from any .22 lr round aint nuthin to worry bout at least not like it is with that dang .17 thingy
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »
Rimfire guns are really picky about what ammo they like sometimes.  Some will take about anything you throw at them, while others will only shoot 1 particular type.  My suggestion is to get a bunch of different kinds and try them to find the one that the rifle likes best.

As far as the pelt damage, like Plott said, a .22 LR isn't going to cause any real issues, and will just make a small hole the diameter of the bullet most of the time.  If you hit some bone, it might make a little bigger hole going out, but it won't be much.  The .17 HMR though..... :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 03:20:01 PM »
  The .17 HMR though..... :twisted:
makes coon jest nasty to skin
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »

Yeah he don't want to go getting his nails dirty!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 08:50:06 AM »
I sure can understand that, trying to skin a shattered skull.  :tickedoff   :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Sniper81

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 01:28:44 PM »
i bought some cci blazer ammo other day bout 20bucks for 500 u guys ever use this ammo

BBF

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 04:06:47 PM »
being a single shot you can even try the shorts, sub V ammo or the BB caps

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »
Most generally the pelt damage from any .22 lr round aint nuthin to worry bout at least not like it is with that dang .17 thingy
I still hope you get one for Christmas.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments