October 17, 2017, 04:18:25 PM

Author Topic: N.A.P. Nightmare Broadheads. A Review  (Read 3433 times)

Offline GotstaHunt

• Applied for my club membership...
  • Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead !!!
    • KaRu Lures
N.A.P. Nightmare Broadheads. A Review
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »
I have been a big Muzzy fan for years now. Been shooting the 3 blade 100 gr. for the last 3 and on Tueday I decided to try a new broadhead that looked promising. The new NAP Nightmare has received rave reviews throughout the archery world by independant bowhunters so I broke down and bought a 3-pak. First let me tell you my setup. I shoot a 60# 2007 Bowtech Guardian (best bow I have ever shot) with a single pin sight and a NAP Sizzor rest. My arrows are Gold Tip XT Hunters with Blazer Vanes set with a right helical. The new Nightmares have 3 blades that are offset giving them a helical effect as well. The first 3 shots were at 20 yards with all 3 in the 12 ring. The next 3 were shot at 40 yards and were all in the 10 ring, 2 of them being in the 12 ring. The last 3 groups of 3 were all shot at 60 yards, the true test of a properly tuned bow and arrow setup. All 9 arrows were in the 10 ring with 5 in the 12 ring!!! My conclusion, I have found my new arrow and broadhead setup! I have never had this kind of accuracy even with field points!!! The combination of all components involved are by far the the deciding factor but I feel that this new fixed blade broadhead is far superior to any mechanical and fixed blade alike. Can't wait for opening day!!!

Karl
Hunt Hard, Rest When Your Dead!!!
R&R Sports
2014 N. 2nd St.
Clinton, Iowa
Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois Premier Archery and Hunting Store
Featuring Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, Parker, Martin, Liberty, Bennelli, Beretta, Franchi, Remington, Mossberg, Stoeger, Lone Wolf Treestands, KaRu Lures and many others.

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: N.A.P. Nightmare Broadheads. A Review
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
Sounds pretty good. I just got my magnus stingers yesterday. I only had a chance to shoot out to 20 yards yesterday, but they look promising-way better than thunderheads. Send pics when they lacerate a 14-pts heart!

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: N.A.P. Nightmare Broadheads. A Review
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:39:48 PM »
Well I had a hard time making my mind up, what broad head I wanted to shoot this year.I almost tried the Nightmare head myself.I shot one similar to it a couple years back. I loved how it flew killed quick mostly within eye sight.It just seemed to have one broken blade on each head when recovered.The Nightmare seems to have strong(thicker) blades so should be one awesome head.Let me know how it performs on critters for ya.

I shot the buzz cut a couple years ago there tenderfoot.It is a great flyer very accurate head.It leaves a good blood trail very good penetration due to cut on contact head.The head resharpens like a dream also,I think you will like it.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Facebook Comments