December 12, 2017, 08:52:22 AM

Author Topic: BLOWOUT  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
BLOWOUT
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:25:24 PM »
well i went to the sister in laws today for a little target and load workups, found a great load for varmint grenades out of the .243 if you are interested let me know, but this is not what i am here for,

this is to let you folks know the ammo from Cabelas in thier bulk packs is a little dangerous, this is the .243 topped with a 75 grain V-MAX  right out of the box, first blow out I ever had  and i put the rifle away after this, gonna do a clean and serious inspection before i take it back out again.  to steal a tagline from a friend of mine on a motorcycle forum, but it applies here as well

WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!   meaning eye and ear protection because when this went off i got pelted in the face with gases!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Morax

Re: BLOWOUT
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »
update!!

just got off the phone with the tech reps at HSM and they are sending me a free box of ammo, were very helpfull and no questions asked as to anything, just wanted the lot numbers off the box and a few other things (gotta send them a copy of a state ID) of course but they was real understanding and are willing to fix the problem!

http://www.thehuntingshack.com/

is thier website

BBF

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »
 :shock: Who loads that stuff for them?

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 08:10:18 PM »
Hot dang man your ok I take it!!  :shock: :shock:

Offline Morax

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »
they load them themselves, (HSM)

yeah i and the savage are fine, just got a bit of blowback from it venting out the side of the action! basically hot gas and a little peppering of powder, i pulled one apart just to see if it was double powdered or something, and its running a charge of 43.2 grains, so i donno maybe just wrong powder being used for them

Facebook Comments