November 22, 2017, 08:28:24 PM

Author Topic: 08.17.08  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:08:22 AM »
We took Spook and Train out for a run.Made a drop and both dogs hit pretty quick.Never did see anything so we pulled the dogs off and moved on.Did't hit on anything else.We pulled the dogs when we started hearing SEVERAL coyotes in 2 different directions and they were closer to the dogs than I like.

Here are all the pictures we got....

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 08.17.08
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:47:09 AM »
You look like a deer in the headlights, Tech!  :shock:  ;D Hey, couldn't see the coon because of the leaves, or maybe went into a hole. Sometimes young dogs tree on a tree that the coon hopped off of and continued on running.
Dang coyotes messed up your hunt, too.  :tickedoff :knuppel2 :buck2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: 08.17.08
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
John the picture of me is pretty funny isn't it.The first thing I thought when I saw it is "boy ol'Tech looks scared out of his wits!!"  ;D ;D ;D

The tree was pretty wicked with wind-ing branches and the coon could have easily made his way to another tree.Then again the tree could have been as slick as 50

Your right though about the young dogs.I didn't expect much out of Spook as he hasn't had the time in the woods and is still a pup.

Pretty soon I will be hunting with guys who have had dogs longer than I have been alive and dogs who have been hunting 4 or 5 years now.Spook will get to go to school and I think he has what it takes to graduate with honors!

The spot we have close to the city is only 80 acres.We worked the property pretty good and basically cut the dogs in the last section before the truck.My buddy is a hobby hunter so 2-3 hours is a long hunt for him.After hearing the yotes and the dogs not doing as good as he wanted,he was ready to call it quits anyway.

I want to get out after those yotes something terrible!!

Facebook Comments