November 20, 2017, 06:09:44 PM

Author Topic: Coonhound or Coondog?  (Read 925 times)

Offline Mark Vee of Valley Kennel

Coonhound or Coondog?
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
Coonhound or Coondog?

I have had a lot of people ask me. What is the difference between a coonhound and a coondog.

Well a coonhound is a real tree machine. Scenting ,Trailing,Running, and Treeing because they love it!

But, then you have your coondog!

Well they also are a REAL TREEING MACHINE TOO! But, not just for the love of the hunt. But, for their love for you! They are more then just hunters. They are our companions,friends,pets,family,and just as we are theirs! They jump in the truck, run the yard ,babysit the kids,take a walk with you, protect you,love you,care for you!Why because they are coondogs.Raised with love and care! Trained with love and care. They have learned if they do right by use. Then we do right by them. Some people ask can any coonhound be a coondog?

I ask them can any coonhound not be a coondog? If you raise your child right . They learn to do right. If you raise your hound right. Well, then you will have a coondog. That can help you train pups and younger hunters. And like use . Can help start the next generation and pass on the love of the hunt and the love of our hounds(coondogs). Mark Vee of Valley Kennel

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: Coonhound or Coondog?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »
and here the whole time I thought a coon hound was a hound and a coondog was a dog that treed coon
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments