December 14, 2017, 10:13:25 AM

Author Topic: newby to this list  (Read 1871 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
newby to this list
« on: September 16, 2004, 10:09:54 AM »
oh boy! just what i needed,love squirrel hunting.have since the fifeties when i started. i live in Oxford michigan, in northern oakland county.hunt threw out the thumb area.(for those of you out of state michigan looks like a mitten) started bowhunting in 1963 and pretty much put the guns away for that,but the elbows require them to reappear.we started out with whamo slingshots as kids ,then bbguns,and .22s,i still use my old remington514 single shot i payed $17 for when i was 13.payed forit by doing laundry all summer.i will say that gun has fed my family a few times threw the years when nothing else would. anyway hello  to all.and don't take me too serious,,,after all,,,i chase squirrels threw the woods.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
newby to this list
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 08:00:42 PM »
Glad to have you John! \:D/   You'll discover that quite a few on here have a very healthy passion/hatred of squirrels!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ScottyO

Re: newby to this list
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 10:59:09 PM »
Quote from: john
i still use my old remington514 single shot i payed $17 for when i was 13.

WOW! :shock:
You got your money's worth out of that 'ol girl, huh?  
I love older guns.  They have more class and character than the new ones.  IMHO.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am a "newbie" to this site also.  
Seems to be a friendly place to spend some time.

I look forward to reading some more posts by you, John.  Good luck chasing those Tree Rats!! :)

S.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
newby to this list
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 09:48:42 AM »
Hey, welcome here, John! We need all the serious squirrel hunters we can get, fella. Just ask Big58cal, another serious bushtail hunter. I would be hard put to keep up with BC, but I keep on tryin'!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
newby to this list
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 12:38:10 PM »
I'll step in and introduce myself.  Tony Rothrock from Kingsley, Iowa.  Hunt mostly small game, squirrels, rabbits , birds.  16 yr old son is my squirrel hunting partner.  Use shotgun and 22.  Especially enjoy my 2 old Winchester Single Shots - Model 67A and the family hierloom model 58.  After those get a work out the scoped 10-22 gets used.  Just getting back into using calls.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
newby to this list
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 09:37:26 PM »
Great to have you join us Tony! \:D/   We have a whole lot of fun on here exchanging lies........errr.....I mean hunting stories :^o  :-$

Feel free to jump in on any of the discussions!  The more the better! :D   It always helps to have another "set of eyes" to add another prospective on some of the stuff.

Also, we're not all about squirrel hunting.  We do hunt other critters and fish also!  If you've got any good recipes to add, go to the Recipe Section and put them in there!!!!!!! =P~   More than hunting, we all LOVE to eat the critters (with the exception of cats, and we leave them for John Andrews! :D )
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments