October 21, 2017, 01:34:32 PM

Author Topic: Public Land Hunts over the counter licenses?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline LONGBOWJIM

Public Land Hunts over the counter licenses?
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:24:56 PM »
 ???Hey everybody,

I am new to the site and am hoping for some info. I am wondering about bowhunting in some other areas and don't have a fortune to spend. I live in Arkansas and enjoy bowhinting here but would like to try some self guided hunts in other states. I am currious about out of state license cost and lodging in these areas. My wife would like to tag along but not as a hunter so she will need other things to do. I am interested in Missouri,kansas,Colorado,New Mexico and Texas. I don't know if you can hunt in all of these states without a guide or about access to public land. I also don't know about over the counter licenses. If anyone has information about this I would be glad to hear. I am not interested in any one particular game animal Deer, Elk, Hogs and Turkey of course. Just starting to search for some answers.

Offline rice river

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Do I have a license to kill yet??
Re: Public Land Hunts over the counter licenses?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:53:17 AM »
I don't know about those states but in MN you can buy over the counter. I was just on the dnr website and for a deer tag it was decent price for a non res. tag. There is still a decent amount of public land to hunt up north.  Alot less populated in the woods during bow season then rifle! 

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/hunting/index.html?type=hunting
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »
yeah your best bet would be to hit the DNR links to the right on the screen and go from there, i am sure you could find a not cheaper bed and breakfast or something in the general area close to both public land and the mall    :roll:
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline LONGBOWJIM

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:45:32 PM »
THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I will give the DNR links a try.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:18:28 PM »
If you go to the right places in FL I doubt you could not get a truck load of hog. Non resident weekend licenses are very reasonable(full year licenses are only like 50 or something). Pretty much find a swampy looking property, knock on the door and they'll probably let you kill all you can. We got some nice management areas, also. Contact some of the big cattle or horse ranches around ocala by phone and see what they say.

Facebook Comments