December 12, 2017, 01:00:05 PM

Author Topic: Ain't season been in a couple of weeks...........  (Read 4402 times)

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
Ain't season been in a couple of weeks...........
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »
for some of ya ?   Well I ain't seeing many dead squirrel pics  :shock:  What's up?

A: can't find em

B: can't hit em

C: can't work a camera

D: all of the above

;D ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: Ain't season been in a couple of weeks...........
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
Your the master squirrel killer of all...With Hosk as your sidekick...who can compete?

We just eagerly wait for you two to post some pictures for us to marvel at  O0

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:48:46 PM »
Oh , get up off ya knees  ;D, ya'll know I can't kill one without " lil dog 's " help.

Hos has to use a scatter-gun  ;D 

I guess ya'll want some fresh pics this year ,too  :roll:

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:55:44 PM »
Oh , get up off ya knees  ;D, ya'll know I can't kill one without " lil dog 's " help.

Hos has to use a scatter-gun  ;D 

I guess ya'll want some fresh pics this year ,too  :roll:
Scatter gun or not.......I'm thinking that I'm the last MO FO to post pics of "dead squirrels" that were actually killed "this year"..... ???  ;D ;D ;D ;D I've only had one Solo hunt so far. I didn't have time this past weekend. Again, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to put either the .22LR or .17HMR into action! O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »
Ours came in Aug. 16th this year.  I haven't even gone yet.  Doubt I will either.  It's rare that I eat them, so I've still got some in the freezer from last year.  My step-dad passed away last summer, so I don't have anyone to give them to any more.  He was the one that I shot all of them for.

Besides, it's over 100 miles round trip for me to go and with gas as high as it is.......
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:52:25 AM »
I've been out a couple of times, keep forgetting the camera. I killed a a few this year, pretty slim pickings where I have been hunting.
I'm going to try a a couple of other places I hunted last year, saw a more there. Luckily, 
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
From this past Wed.........

From Wed. week ago.......

Been a couple of other times, getting one here and there, these are my best 2 mornings so far anyhow.

Last Wed I attached one to my homemade game tote hooked to my belt that fooled me into thinking he was dead. SOB about made me kill myself trying to beat him to dead with the butt of my gun while he was still hooked to my side, trying to claw and bite his way through to my hip. Funny as heck now, even though my hip looks like someone smeared ripe poke berries all over it from my hip to almost my knee, bruised up rather well. That's one mistake I will NOT be making again.

Hope all is well with ya'll.

Nick T

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »
Been there, done that with a game vest, not the best fun I had in the woods but the best laugh my buddy that watched the whole thing unfold has had to date.
 Our season came in at Memorial day. Ever since then, every job and every family member has been coming up with all new ways to eat up my time and keep me out of the woods. You'd think by now they'd be sick and tired of me and force me into the woods with orders to never return. Guess I ain't been trying hard enough.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:04:05 PM »
At's more like it Gnick  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0

I've picked up a couple of live ones myself ,like the horseshoe................. didn't take long to look at em either  ;D

Offline LONGBOWJIM

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 12:15:41 AM »
 That will make you do tricks you thought were impossable. They teach you not to walk up on dangerous game until you know it's dead... They just forgot to tell you that a 16 ounce fur ball with claws, teeth and an 8 day clock spring for drive gear should be considered dangerous game.... especially when they are really ticked off!!!!!!!  Puts a whole new twist on the Mississippi Squirel Revival doesn't it?
                     LongbowJim

Facebook Comments