October 23, 2017, 04:38:14 PM

Author Topic: DOWN TO HOURS INSTEAD OF DAYS!!  (Read 2799 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
DOWN TO HOURS INSTEAD OF DAYS!!
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:40:42 AM »
As of right now, I will be in a stand in 21 hours and 20 mins! let the piles begin!!!

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: DOWN TO HOURS INSTEAD OF DAYS!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »
I still hate you...hey, got any hogs I could come hunt at your place this weekend :wink:. Don't need a license for that, do I?

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:09:27 AM »
Well, after fighting bugs and 90% humidity, Nothing! Hard to believe in 95 degree weather. LOL! Its a start though. And No hogs where I hunt. If there were we would kill them as fast as we found them. They are worse than coyotes around some places.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:47:10 PM »
I know what you mean. It started to feel a bit like fall around the time of that last storm..but it's just been summer hot all week! The full moon aint helping any either. I've been seeing lots of deer at night and just before shooting light ends at sunset. Have you been hunting the evenings? Do you have a therma cell for mosquitos?

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 08:13:47 AM »
Therma Cells are the greatest invention know to man! I never go to the woods without it. I have had deer walk within 10 feet of me with them on and never know I was there. I have not been able to hunt any evenings yet due to work commitments but Saturday looks like a all day hunt! The deer are killing my food plots right now. It looks like I am going to have to replant them before gun season opens! Man, they love clay peas,soy beans and turnupis. I will replant 300 lbs it 2 weeks and hopefully get me some pea and bean stealers! LOL! ;D

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »
I had no idea turnips would take up this early in the year. My winter vegetable garden turnips usualy keel over by April. I am going to get some winter peas in my 90X90 plot as soon as the seed man tells me it's finaly cool enough. Every pea plot I ever hunter over was dynamite! You gotta get outa your evening work commitments! I may be getting a little "stomach bug" myself during teal week coming up :twisted:. I imagine it'll come back probably 3 mornings in a row but be better by noon.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 04:11:59 PM »
Dude, Momma likes the pay check too much to let me take time off yet to hunt!  :twisted:
I have 3 plots that I hunt. 1 is about 60 x 60, 1 is about 1/4 of an acre, and 1 is only 30 yards wide but is 150 yards long!! Right thru the middle of timber so heavy that you have to get on your hands and knees to get thru it! This one has me so pumped up that even at 88 degrees today I am wishing I could get out of here and go!

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »
Where you up at sunrise this morning? Weather like that makes you remember just how much God loves you. Below 70, with that fresh fall smell blowin in the wind. I love the turn of summer!

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »
Yea I was! Made me want to skip work for sure! Suppose to be 65 here Sat. morning! I am going to enjoy watching the world come alive. If I could cut out the car noise and the planes that fly over then it would be perfect!

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »
Amen! I got back onto this lake...one trail leading 2 miles in. No sounds but nature...the wind, the moorhen, woodie whistles and frogs. It was so perfect...until the rich idiot who owns the plantation on the lake started up his plane and began dive bombing the lake basin for "fun".-There went my teal scouting venture. I love being out there soooo much. I need to get a nice camera and start making some "alternative" hunting videos. If people like them enough, maybe I can get sponsored and quit my day job ;D. Do some bow hunts for rail and ducks. Tape some snipe hunts. get some pig spearing footage and squirrel blow-gunning. Frog and fish hunting with blowguns and some bowfishing. Would you watch a hunt show like that?

Facebook Comments