November 21, 2017, 10:48:59 PM

Author Topic: The Boy and His Dog  (Read 2030 times)

Offline hoskins

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
The Boy and His Dog
« on: September 15, 2008, 10:08:32 PM »
Here is some pics of the boy and his dog. The dog's name is Zero. The boy named him after the candy bar which is all white! ;D Zero is a Great Pyrenees and is approx 1 yr and 10 months old. We got him to guard our chicken lot and he's great! He killed a opossum and left it laying. He crushed the critters head! :twisted:

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: The Boy and His Dog
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:37:44 AM »
but can he tree a squirrel (the dog not the boy)  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline hoskins

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 08:44:11 AM »
but can he tree a squirrel (the dog not the boy)  ;D
No clue.......the way that they are......if you let him out, he thinks that the world is his and that he has to protect it!  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 09:09:34 AM »
Great looking pair of pals there, hos!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:33:58 PM »
Fine lookin pair  O0  O0  Obviously the boy gets his looks from his MOM   :twisted: ;D

G P's are herding / flock dogs right ?

If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline hoskins

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 10:09:27 PM »
Fine lookin pair  O0  O0  Obviously the boy gets his looks from his MOM   :twisted: ;D

G P's are herding / flock dogs right ?

;D Yeah and Lil Dog must of got its looks from you! ;D ;D

Yeah, from what I've read...the Pyrneese were breed to protect their owners and their flocks from Bears, wolves, and other predetors. The GP's are very loyal to their owners and to their flock....and will fight to the death in order to protect them. However, at the same time.......this Horse of a dog....is a big baby when it comes to playing with the kids, and he loves having any attention from us.  I was feeding the chickens one time, I played with him for a few minutes before I started to feed, as I was trying to ignore him while I was feeding, he'd come up and nudge me with his nose to get my attention!!!! ;D Just like a dag on yunggin!!!!! I've seen him flip the switch though, when he smells or sees something........he's a completley different dog, and may God have mercy on whatever he gets a hold of! Thing about it, even when he's in that mode, I can holler at him......he'll come to me, but he never lets his guard down! It's the boys dog...but I love that dog just as much as he does!!!! ;D

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
 ;D

Sounds like a good-un !

From what I understand of em , as pups they would just put em with the sheep or whatever and let the dog grow up as part of the flock . I've heard that they are SUPER loyal  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 01:17:50 PM »
We had some neighbors that had a kid and a dog. I called the kid Zero and the dog George. True story. If you was unfortunate enough to know that dirtbag trash outfit that lived there, and you would understand.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments