October 20, 2017, 11:04:41 PM

Author Topic: Deer Contest?  (Read 8202 times)

Offline Bearman

• Applied for my club membership...
Re: Deer Contest?
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »
Good jon Bow. I was hoping there would be some more entries before I tallied up some scores. get a good pic and post it.

Offline Bearman

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »
That is a great buck and a awsome picture, but this thread was started for the deer contest. Let's not have extra pics. or comments on this thread. For sure put it in the pic album, or start a new thread about it. Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

Offline Bearman

« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:41 PM »
forget that last message, I thought I was in the deer pic sticky. sorry

turkeynutz

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2008, 11:51:26 PM »
Good one bear! O0 I get lost too. seems to be getten more and more lately. ;D

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
Update on my deer hunting. The rut is finally starting and a bubba moved in off the plantations. He was standing right in the middle of the road looking at me as I drove out this morning. I drove my car up slowly to get a look at him and he stepped off into the oncoming lane and I pulled right up next to this 3.5 yr 8 pointer and stared him down at 1-2 yards for about 15 seconds. If only I had had my .22 at easy reach and known nobody was looking :twisted: The game is set... and I want him.
p.s. he won't score much since he is a typical florida deer meaning his tines are about 2-6''

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2008, 10:16:19 AM »
Another update for my team mate- I was hunting highly pressured bucks the other day on my friends farm. I was looking for the elusive beast that every hay-grower and cattleman has caught on his trail cam at 3;30 am. I was pretty sure that he would show just at day-break about 150 yards from my stand and I'd drop him swiftly with my borrowed 30-06 and 9X variable scope. When he didn't show during the first 2 and a half hours I got ADHD and went chasing some turkeys I'd heard all morning. So i was wandering through the woods when suddenly the turkey stopped clucking(they were at the top of a ridge watching me for the past hundred yards of my treck). I stopped and waited to see if they would start calling the flock back together, but all I was rewarded with was the sound of tending clicks about 50 yards from me. I slowly turned towords the sound and saw THE BEAST(14 points!) with another spike grazing on acorns coming right at me. I shouldered the rifle and  tried to aim right at his jugular, rather hesitant to ruin the cape. I could not find him in the scope, though! All i could see where leaves, leaves, everwhere! About three seconds of pure frustration later he wandered back into the safety of the creek-bottom. So, the lesson is make sure to turn the scope down to 2x before you go still hunting! I got his adress, though, and he will be mine, if not this year, then next.

Facebook Comments