October 21, 2017, 02:40:05 AM

Author Topic: Results on the Bear Raffle from Maine  (Read 1678 times)

Offline mainemooseguide

Results on the Bear Raffle from Maine
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:44:25 AM »
During the last week of August 2008 the two people who won the raffle and there family enjoyed the Ragged Lake Outfitters operation T2 R13, the north western part of maine. As you remenber we ran a bear hunt to help the Noble High School Music Department .  THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED.. Both hunter took a nice bear, the biggest being about 325 Lbs.
Below is a letter received from the winner of the raffle:

--- On Wed, 10/8/08, Jack Stroud <jstroud1@metrocast.net> wrote:

Subject: Bear Hunt Testimonial
To: deertracker200lb@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 9:18 PM

Alden,

The following is my attempt to put many thoughts, experiences and memories into a concise yet easy to read statement that might scratch the surface of being able to portray what a great adventure and experience was had by my son and I on our hunts.  I am not a novice at guided hunts, I have hunted several states and have been guided on deer hunts in the south and a couple of "American Plan" Caribou hunts in Labrador.  I do have a Boone and Crockett Caribou at 399 & 5/8".

My experience at Ragged Lake Outfitters could not have been better, the initial meeting of the folks at the camp let you know you are not only welcomed but a valued guest.  It did not take long for me to feel as though I was portrayed, not a client but as an individual hunter who has experiences to share that what I had to share was important.  I feel as though I have made true friendships with Alden, Rick, Marie and the crew.

The expectations that I had were formed from what I was told prior to the hunt.  I went in taking it all "with a grain of salt" as they say, nothing is ever as good as what you are told.  I will state that this Outfitting Service stands behind what they have said, every aspect of the services  went above and beyond any expectation I could ever have had. 

The service is professional, the food was excellent and you could not have better company.  It is easy to tell when someone is doing a job or is doing something that they are passionate about, this group is passionate about all aspects of the hunt and the experience that the guest is having.  I guess the best thing I can do to show my appreciation and how much I valued this experience is to say that I will be back next year and will have others with me.  Thank you for the experience and the memories of a lifetime.

Sincerely,

Jack Stroud
Rick

Facebook Comments