December 14, 2017, 03:52:18 PM

Author Topic: new here, from illinois  (Read 2376 times)

Offline jeepster

new here, from illinois
« on: October 14, 2008, 11:06:22 AM »
hello everyone, i just registered yesterday, then went on to hi-jack double barrel's thread, sorry 'bout that double!... anyway, i'm a carpenter in no. illinois, currently very slow at work, so plenty of time on my hands, more time to hunt ,i guess... looking forward to hearing some good hunting stories, and the bad ones ,too!.... anyway, i've been bowhunting(my only hunting method) for about 15 yrs. or so, i guess i average about 2 a yr. , got 2 "decent" ones on the wall, score maybe 130-140, still trophies in my book, i guess my main priority is getting meat in the freezer!.... so, good luck this year, and be safe!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: new here, from illinois
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 03:16:21 PM »
Glad to have you around jeepster (even if you do bowhunt only).  ;D  We'll try not to hold that against you. O0

Jump in and tell us some lies stories.  Watch out for the old Indian! :shock:  Don't trust him if he offers you something to eat, and only believe about 1/4 of what he tells you. :idiot2

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:29:05 PM »
welcome to the pile bud! O0

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
Welcome aboard Jeepster. Death from above with stick and string.  O0
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline jeepster

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:36:19 PM »
thanks,guys, looking forward to the season, i hope to get some pics worthy of posting!... lets go get 'em!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 08:49:33 PM »
Glad to have you around jeepster (even if you do bowhunt only).  ;D  We'll try not to hold that against you. O0

Jump in and tell us some lies stories.  Watch out for the old Indian! :shock:  Don't trust him if he offers you something to eat, and only believe about 1/4 of what he tells you. :idiot2

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  :roll: Don't believe nothin that rascal BC says!   And I was gonna adopt him into the tribe, too!  :roll: Ever since BC claims he got serious food poisoning from the camp kettle, (claims his stomach isn't right yet) he says he can't even look at stew again. :wink: :roll:
Welcome to the gang, jeepster!
Nother thing, we all know we old Injuns always tell the truth. Just ask Tonto or the Lone Ranger.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline jeepster

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 10:58:46 PM »
hey john, thanks for the welcome, i hope to get to know all you guys better as time goes on, i know now that BC is no fan of PSE, and for the time being i'll be wary of Mr. Andrews stew!HA!.... so i see that you are a hero to some of these guys. i'm sure there's a story there, and one day i'll here it....stay safe my freind!                                   

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 09:17:40 AM »
hey john, thanks for the welcome, i hope to get to know all you guys better as time goes on, i know now that BC is no fan of PSE, and for the time being i'll be wary of Mr. Andrews stew!HA!.... so i see that you are a hero to some of these guys. i'm sure there's a story there, and one day i'll here it....stay safe my freind!                                   
Good ol' BC used to shoot competition bow, knows his stuff about bows and guns. He's a pertty good fella, to tell ya the truth. He just has a weak stomach when it come to some camp vittles.  :roll:
I haven't heard him complain about my famous Beer Roasted Cat or Armidillo On The Halfshell, though.
Y'all just make yourself comfortable with the gang, jeepster.  I gotta go stir the stew.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 10:56:15 AM »
so i see that you are a hero to some of these guys. i'm sure there's a story there, and one day i'll here it....stay safe my freind!                                   

It basically all stems from him getting to ride around through a petting zoo in a Govt.-owned vehicle and "shop" for what he wants for dinner. :roll:  When he sees something he likes, he floors it! ;D ;D

He just has a weak stomach when it come to some camp vittles.  :roll:

I've got a very strong stomach when it comes most things.  The two exceptions are certain types of baby poop and John's cooking, both being relatively equal.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 01:31:28 PM »
It basically all stems from him getting to ride around through a petting zoo in a Govt.-owned vehicle and "shop" for what he wants for dinner. :roll:  When he sees something he likes, he floors it! ;D ;D

I've got a very strong stomach when it comes most things.  The two exceptions are certain types of baby poop and John's cooking, both being relatively equal.

:roll: I'm still trying to think of a retort to those accusations.  :roll:  ;D

I remember what one of my Captains told me when I hit (another) turkey with my patrol vehicle. "You SOB, you drive around with your mouth watering"!  ;D Ain't true, dumb turkeys and other edible critters just jump out of the weeds and ditches right smack dab in front of my vehicle.  :roll:

I even got Tboned by deer on two occasins. One doe's head came through the driver's door window and the flying glass cut my face. I happily shot both of the offending suicide attacking Tbone deer.  :twisted: You really gotta watch out for those suicide attack deer that usually attack during real dark hard raining nights.  :shock: :twisted:

Facebook Comments