October 23, 2017, 10:08:53 PM

Author Topic: new here, from illinois  (Read 2325 times)

Offline jeepster

Re: new here, from illinois
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 08:25:10 PM »
ahhh.....a military man,keepin' us safe from animal uprising... well i for one am grateful for you're service,my good man!... i hit a deer once with  my  work van, too bad i was doin' 80mph  on the hi-way so there was nuthin left to salvage, did make a mess of the truck tho!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 08:44:04 AM »
ahhh.....a military man,keepin' us safe from animal uprising... well i for one am grateful for you're service,my good man!... i hit a deer once with  my  work van, too bad i was doin' 80mph  on the hi-way so there was nuthin left to salvage, did make a mess of the truck tho!
:shock: I've see other deer hit at that speed, it isn't pretty! I was about 30 seconds behind one of my work pals that hit a deer while my pal was doing about 70 or 80. His patrol car (Ford) bumper and front end smacked the deer pretty   well square on. The airbag blew out the windshild and banged the fella's face up a bit, and the car caught fire.
I rolled up just as he was exiting the vehicle. He popped the hood and I put out the fire. Airbag did more $ damage than the deer.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »
:roll: I'm still trying to think of a retort to those accusations.  :roll:  ;D

That's cause, unlike politicians, you're too honest to dispute the TRUTH!  ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
That's cause, unlike politicians, you're too honest to dispute the TRUTH!  ;D ;D
Gimmie a minute, I'll think of something.  :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 10:38:46 AM »
Gimmie a minute, I'll think of something.  :roll:

I realize that you're old and slow and all, but if there actually was a defense to it, after 5 days you would have thought of it!  LOL!!!   ;D ;D 
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 10:19:13 AM »
I realize that you're old and slow and all, but if there actually was a defense to it, after 5 days you would have thought of it!  LOL!!!   ;D ;D 
;D ;D ;D Still trying!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 10:01:44 AM »
;D ;D ;D Still trying!
Were you hoping that we all would forget about this?
You aren't getting off the hook that easy! :wink:

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 10:35:02 AM »
Welcome to the Gut Pile!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »
Were you hoping that we all would forget about this?
You aren't getting off the hook that easy! :wink:
Well, I suggested BC strain off the floating hair in his bowl of camp stew, but he just gulped it down. Dang near plugged him up for good, the hair set up like concrete.
I heard the folks at the ER were gonna use a Roto Rooter but the high gas pressure blew the plug through four walls and it lodged halfway through the big oak tree outside. It was just like a solid cannonball, they say. They also said it was a good thing he was lying on his side on the gurney when it blew and nobody was in the line of fire.  :shock: The new Caddy that was parked outside had a hole blown through it the size of a watermelon. BC argued that his medical insurance should pay for the doctor's new Caddy that was parked outside, and he shouldn't have been parked there, anyhow.

I fixed the camp stew, I got a big strainer spoon.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
 ;D O0 That'll do.

Facebook Comments