December 16, 2017, 03:46:06 PM

Author Topic: new here, from illinois  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: new here, from illinois
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »
As for John's explanation, I've only got 2 things to say ..........  

I noticed he never did try to offer an explanation as to him "shopping" in government owned vehicles. :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »
As for John's explanation, I've only got 2 things to say ..........  

I noticed he never did try to offer an explanation as to him "shopping" in government owned vehicles. :roll:
:roll:  ;D Well, you know how it is, you can only dodge so many critters without missing all of them. I do confess to eating the critters. Tire tracks across a critter doesn't reflect upon the quality of the meal.  :wink:

Last night while at work, my pal (a rookie) had a couger cross the road in front of him. I told my pal that he certainly has to improve on his gas pedal reflexes. I can understand his hesitation, he being a rookie. We have so many deer dart out in front of our patrol vehicles that instinct usually prevails and a fella tends to hit the brakes. He will have to develop better instant reflexs between the gas pedal and the brake pedal.  :wink: :twisted: Me, I would have OWNED that big cat.  :twisted: Of course, it would officially have been a tragic accident concerning the cat.  :roll:  :twisted:

We still have a viable breeding population of the big cats on our installation, by the way.

And, I do try to avoid hitting deer. We have more than enough people and fellow officers hitting the deer and filling out the reports is a royal pain. The time is better spent "shopping" the roads.  :wink:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline jeepster

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »
you got one of those brush guard ,"cow catcher" thingys on you're patrol car?that'll increase the efficiency of you're "harvestvehicle".... anyhoo... the rookie will get the hang of it, cook up a few turkeys to inspire him!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 09:57:14 AM »
You would think they would include some extra protection on the vehicles, but no. They must figure bodywork is cheaper than prevention. They are wrong.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments