November 25, 2017, 04:24:32 AM

Author Topic: Any one want to here a bear story?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Any one want to here a bear story?
« on: October 03, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »
:oops: I mean to BRAG!My son got his forth bear Friday. He got his first one when he was 13 with his 7mm at around 200 yards,When we got up to the bear it was a LITTLE smaller then he thought(WAY), any way he was not impressed. He is now 27 ant loves to hunt any thing!! But he hunts bears with a passion, But to stop the same incident he only uses his pump shot gun!!We cant hunt over or near bait so we have to spot and stalk, and with a shot gun you need to be close and you can tell how big,or small a bear is. His next three bears were MUCH bigger.He was in AK for two years and got a 10'er,and Friday his bear was over 6', witch is a good bear in Montana, and he shot him at "8 yards,That was "fun"All with the same winchester 1300 12 gage 1 1/8 oz slug! :twisted:  :evil:
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 06:53:37 PM »
Now THAT is cool.  Throw some pics on the board - we would love to see 'em!!!  8)

Alright Miss April, you've got competition now!!!  :wink:   Get at it!
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

april

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 03:38:35 PM »
Congrats to him! That is so awesome. 8) If you have pics, would love to see em.  :D

Lol..aww gutpiles.. :wink: It won't be too much farther off (not "the dream")(spear)...but, a hunt nonetheless.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 02:57:14 AM »
D45, congratulate your son for me, too! Hey, while you are at it, have your son pat you on the back for raising him to be a hunter, too. 12 GA works good for bear, for sure. In fact, it's one of the best rounds for stopping a bear. I killed a big cinnamon boar at close quarters with an old 12 GA Stevens double. I'm glad I was carrying it that day. The old cuss made his last trouble in that berry patch that day. I OWNED that patch of berries that day! He chased everyone out of the patch the day before, two gals and a bunch of kids while I was bowhunting just a few yards away in my stand. The next day I returned with my shotgun and ran into him. He ran a tight circle around me and was stepping in on me when I killed him. He died less than six feet from me, a neck shot that took out three vertabraes and the spinal cord in his neck. He had plenty of room to move away from me.  I was standing still, not crowding him anymore. He was about 10 feet from me when I rounded a bush, and there he was. I guess that when I was in his space, there was only one way to settle it, according to him. He raised up on his hind legs, and I froze. I didn't want to shoot while he was that close. He stood there for what seemed a LONG time while I had my shotgun aimed at him from my hip. He then dropped down and started a fast running circle around me, and then stepped in on me. You want to remember that when you are hunting black bear. They will appear to be running a close circle around you, and then they step in on you. And it happens F-A-S-T! All I had time to do was raise the gun  and take an instinct shot at his neck. I didn't even have time to get it to my shoulder. While I was field dressing him I discovered he had a stomach completely stuffed full of chokeberries and blueberries. You would have thought he would have been in a better humor, or at least, mellowed somewhat.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 05:46:02 PM »
:shock: WOW that was close! This one never knew he was around! :-({|=  [-X
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Facebook Comments