December 13, 2017, 01:57:04 PM

Author Topic: First hunt of the season!!  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
First hunt of the season!!
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:36:48 PM »
I went over to Illinois and hit my honey hole this morning.I got in the woods about 8A.M. and boy was the action fast and furios!!!

The first grey was taken within 20 minutes of getting into the timber.The cool thing about the HMR is I didn't really have to get up close.I took a 54 yard shot on this little female.

It was good to get out and hit the woods during the daylight.As I have been hitting them pretty good at night in hopes for the fast action of a hound and ringtail race  O0

Next up to get killed was this burly male fox.This shot was at 43 yards.His head would have been mangled had he not decided to take a step forward.

And had last years gnad contest been kept up with,I may have won this years also  ;D ;D
I forgot to measure his gnads but here they are in all their glory

A little bit more walking and I decide to stop and take in everything God had afforded me.

As I look,listen,smell and feel.I notice another dead squirrel cutting.Another female grey,though she was a bit bigger
28 yards and she fell deader than a doornail...I don't know just how dead a doornail really is but I can tell you with half her head missing this little gal was dee ee ay dee DEAD  ;D ;D

As I sat in the edge of the timber watching some farmers hard at work,I realized...It doesn't get any freaking better than this!!!

I hope everyone can sit down and take in what God made and we manage!!!

Kiss my A__ peta!!!!

Offline marcus

Re: First hunt of the season!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
looks like you took advantage of a beautiful day. Good shooting and nice pictures thanks for sharing.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
looks like you took advantage of a beautiful day. Good shooting and nice pictures thanks for sharing.
Well said!  O0 Really nice work there, Tech!  O0 Pretty nice, not having to sneak within close .22 range, isn't it?  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »
Get the skillet greased tech is bringen the supper! Great shooten there tech! O0

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »
Nice shootin tex! O0

As I sat in the edge of the timber watching some farmers hard at work,I realized...It doesn't get any freaking better than this!!!
Amen! :D

turkeynutz

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
Only one thing, you wasted the best part, scrabbled brains! ;D ;D

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
Yeah I have a few old fellers complaining about the "brainless" kills  ;D ;D

It was more than fun just to get out.In a few short weeks I will be living the "out"  O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »
Thats what matters huh! O0

Facebook Comments