November 23, 2017, 03:32:50 PM

Author Topic: I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life!  (Read 13273 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
Then their old enuff to teach how to sneak into bars and spot drug dealers and other assorted suppliers vital to hangin out with JA  ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »
What do you use dry ice for with trout?

turkeynutz

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 10:07:14 PM »
Bet them boys love Hooters!

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 09:46:05 AM »
Bet them boys love Hooters!

I see captain obvious creeping in again! lol Come on TN,  even if they do why would I want to talk about that.  ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 12:02:02 PM »
Then their old enuff to teach how to sneak into bars and spot drug dealers and other assorted suppliers vital to hangin out with JA  ;D ;D
  :roll:  ;D You forgot just common felons and general unsavory characters your mothers warned you about.
What do you use dry ice for with trout?
They toss a chunk of dry ice in a trout hole. The CO2 snuffs the trout because it replaces the O2. Then, it's just a matter of picking up the snuffed fish.    ****** HIGHLY ILLEGAL*****!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 08:15:37 PM »
How much dry ice do you need?? And is this "hole" like ice fishing hole, or "fishing hole" hole? And the CO2 gets the O2 out of the water how? Or do the fish breath the CO2 bubbles/it disolves in the water enough to mess em up?

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
I am havin a dilema  ???  Is tenderness really someone we want to know how to do sum of this stuff  :-\
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

turkeynutz

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
I see captain obvious creeping in again! lol Come on TN,  even if they do why would I want to talk about that.  ;D
I took my boy there for his 13th birthday! He had a blast. Not as much as watchen the OSU cheerleaders at the game though. We took the team to watch em play Texas Tech that year. And not a boy could tell you who won. They got to go down on the side lines with you know!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 11:04:23 AM »
How much dry ice do you need?? And is this "hole" like ice fishing hole, or "fishing hole" hole? And the CO2 gets the O2 out of the water how? Or do the fish breath the CO2 bubbles/it disolves in the water enough to mess em up?
About a 2 pound slab of dry ice is tossed into an average size trout stream hole and the fish are suffocated. The amount of dry ice varies according to the stream size hole's volume, of course.
The way I found out about the illegal proceedure was when I was returning from a Utah trout fishing trip and stopped in Wyoming for additional dry ice for the cooler. The gentleman at the store insisted on seeing our fish before he sold us any dry ice. I was of course curious because of his conditions and asked him what the deal was.

After he inspected our fish, he explained the dry ice "fishing". He also told us it seemed to be practiced quite frequently out west.  :shock:

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »
Sounds kinda like dialen up catfish to me!

Facebook Comments