November 25, 2017, 06:26:15 AM

Author Topic: I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life!  (Read 13283 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Re: I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life!
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
Sounds kind of pointless. Stream trout aren't rely that big/worthwhile, are they?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 04:10:49 PM »
Sounds kinda like dialen up catfish to me!

:roll: :-X Kinda.
Sounds kind of pointless. Stream trout aren't rely that big/worthwhile, are they?
Trout are trout, about anywhere you catch them. Yes, stream trout can reach just a big of size as trout in lakes.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
They all still taste like mud to me.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »
*Hijack* Turkey, your name reminded me of today. I was driving through GA when I spotted this turkey about 2' off the road at .5 miles. He never moved and I almost got myself dinner, but he flew right in front of my window and I got a nice 5 yard veiw of that beard and irridescent plumage and I'm all hyped up about gobbler season coming up, now! They realy are cool birds...I just wish I had gotten him today, the easy way so I wouldn't have to sit in the skeeter infested swamps all spring.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2009, 09:49:41 AM »
*Hijack response*. That bird would have taken out your windshield. I was following one of my fellow officers at work and a big tom took out his windshield. He received minor cuts. Most of the 23# + bird was hanging in his vehicle and he nearly wrecked the patrol vehicle.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »
Hijack come back! ;D Hey it takes one tom down to ruin your life. Thats a good thing though! ;D And they will take out a windsheild perdy efficiantly! O0

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 10:31:09 PM »
I wasn't expecting him to fly, but when he did I sure did slow down. I probably should slow down more often instead of figuring the animals will move. That is my third close call this month-and my first hit(on a bunny that I never could find). I used to slow down when I saw critters, but lately I've been kinda hungry for good meat.

turkeynutz

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
I hear ya! You cant mimic the sound of a squirrels heqd poppen under a tire though.  :shock:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 09:30:08 AM »
I hear ya! You cant mimic the sound of a squirrels heqd poppen under a tire though.  :shock:
True. I have eaten several that died exactly that way.  O0 It sounds like a wet walnut getting run over.

turkeynutz

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 :twisted:

Facebook Comments