November 24, 2017, 07:15:10 PM

Author Topic: I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life!  (Read 13278 times)

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life!
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:13 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

This first animal I've ever killed, cleaned and eaten was a squirrel we pwned with my cousins van.  I was wondering though...does that wreck the meat somehow?  Like bruise it all up or something?

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 01:41:39 PM »
Does tend to tenderize it a might. A head shot is a head shot. 4000 pound van or 17 gr bullet don't matter. Don't think I want to be eatin the parts that went under the tire tho.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 03:32:49 PM »
Just depends upon how blood-shot it is. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

turkeynutz

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »
Flavoring, thats all it is! :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »
This is the only forum I know of that starts out with the topic of "I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life" and ends up talking about how to eat a roadkill squirrel.....God love you guys!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

turkeynutz

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »
This is the only forum I know of that starts out with the topic of "I'm going duck hunting for the first time in my life" and ends up talking about how to eat a roadkill squirrel.....God love you guys!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well Hun, if you stay to the beaten path, you never find that out-of-the-way country kitchen with the taste of home and meal size portions with bacon by the pound ! The adventure ain't in the destinination, it's in the detours. We usually try address the orininal topic first, but the trip back and it's detours, well, thats where the real education is. ;D
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »
Conversing here is just like a bunch of pals sitting around a table chatting. Real conversation usually has its diversions and the subject often times strays off topic. At the table, nobody gets upset, they are just doing what's natural.

As we know, other boards get upset because some of the mods and members are ironclad on subject matter.  :tickedoff We here at Gutpiles  are a much more well rounded out bunch. HEY! IS THAT A CHICKEN OVER THERE?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »
HEY! IS THAT A CHICKEN OVER THERE?

Nope, I think it's a Chupacabra. :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments