November 24, 2017, 11:47:40 AM

Author Topic: Nite Lite LED Collar Safety Light  (Read 3855 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Nite Lite LED Collar Safety Light
« on: November 02, 2008, 12:23:48 AM »
I sent for this LED Collar Safety Light last week and it came in.Tracker has the same light made by Adventure Lights.Tracker has a different base but same light never the less.The Nite Lit unit cost 14.99 and the Tracker unit costs 19.99
I havn't got to take it out and use it with Spook but kill season starts week from today  O0

The light screws down to make the connection and you can flip the battery for either flash or constant.It is alot of fun being able to see where your dog is.I had used simple snap sticks duct taped to the collar.They work awsome but the cost was adding up.Some say the light will detour a coyote from messing with a dog.I don't know just how true that is but anything that puts us in the plus is well worth attaching!

Some of the folks who bought the Tracker light have said blue and red seem to be the brightest.The only issues folks have came up with are the plastic breaking where the light attaches to the collar and the light covoer getting scratched up and dimming the light a bit.The latter problem not really being a problem with the light.I would venture to say you could put the cover to a buffing wheel and clean it up pretty good...maybe not.

I'm not going to permanantly attach it to Spooks collar.I am going to use velcro strips to attach it to the collar.After messing around with it and reading the feedback from the other folks..I think this little light will be a fine safty light for a dog  O0
Here is what Nite Lite has to say about it....

Our new LED collar lights will help you better track down and get a visual on your hunting companion. Ready to attach to a collar via the included rivets. They are waterproof, work in extreme cold, give a multi-directional light, and are visable over a mile. Two modes; constant on, or strobe. Available in white, blue, red, orange, and green.

Dome light mounts on top of dog's neck for best range
Easily slips on most tracking collar straps - no extra strap needed
250 working hours
Flashing or continuous light options
Made to military specifications and waterproof

Here is the Tracker version..shown with the different base...

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Nite Lite LED Collar Safety Light
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 08:43:52 AM »
That's pretty neat, Tech!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »
ya know a flashlight duct taped to a collar is much better but I guess with buyin the fancy trackin system ya cant afford all the toys  ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline MADDPUPPY

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:06:25 AM »
TEC...I HAVE SEEN THOSE STYLE LIGHTS IN THE WOODS AND THE RED IS EASY TO SEE.....IS THERE ANYWAY TO KEEP IT IN ONE PLACE ON THE COLLAR OTHER THAN WITH THE SCREWS LIKE IN THE PICTURE???

I KNOW THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT WHEN IM RUNNING YOUNG PUPS...I'LL GET ONE OF THE LIL GLOW STICKS THAT YOU CAN GET IN THE CAMPING DEPT AT WAL MART.....USE A COUPLE ZIPP-TIES TO ATACHT IT TO THE COLLAR......AT 20 BUCKS THOSE WOULD BE FAR CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN

PS.....BECARFUL THOSE CAN ALSO BECOME A TARGET FOR A FOOLISH PERSON

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »
Madpuppy..yeah I was buying the glow sticks and using duct tape to attach them to Spooks collar.Like you said and like I was telling Plott...that gets expensive.

Yeah you can attach it without using the rivets.The first pictures i put in the topic were of the Nite Lite base without the rivets...the unit comes with a clip to attach it to a collar bigger than 1 inch.I sure wont be using the clip.I can see it coming off pretty easy.I took some velcro and ran it through the plastic female tabs on the base and attached it to the collar.

Check it out...

As far as brightness,I have only seen reviews and video by consumers who bought the Tracker light.1 fella on the UKC board will be giving a review of his Nite Lite version soon,as will I give a feild report.Of those folks most bought more than one and more than color.Those folks said they felt the red and blue were brightest.

I can say from using the Foggy Top and Bright Eyes lighted collars,DO NOT GET GREEN! if you run dogs in the warmer months lightning bugs,fireflies whatever, will camo the light  ;D Theres my dog,no wait theres my dog,no wait...

To be honest I may end up buynig another collar and using the rivets..who knows.

Offline libbypw

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »
The reason coonhounds have such long necks is to attach lots of collars, so I'd just get the other collar and rivet it :) 

Seriously, the velco oughta work just fine, but it'll get stinky after a while.  Sweet smelling is important in the coonhound world.  :wink:   But seriously, I had a velco watchband for hunting and it stank to high heaven from sweat, skunk, coon and crappy water. 

Santa gave me a couple tiny, frou-frou, red/blue strobe lights a few years ago and it sure was fun watching them through the breaks in the brush...see who is sitting down up ahead.  Surprisingly they didn't last terribly long. 

Look forward to seeing video of Spook next week.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 06:11:57 PM »
i woulda figured the flashlight duct taped to the tail would be much better, at least he could be shinein the path for you while yer chasing him down..   its a good idea as per keeping an eye on the pup and i love the idea of having a few different colored ones to denote what dog where...   i have done the chemlights on the collars and they worked good -specially when you run across a field party by accident  :twisted: :shock:
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »
-specially when you run across a field party by accident  :twisted: :shock:

I was thinking getting the red to go with the blue...then I thought about running up on some meth heads cooking away in what they think it a remote part of nowhere  ;D ;D

They would call me Joe Kidd when it was all said and done  ;D ;D :twisted:

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
The reason coonhounds have such long necks is to attach lots of collars, so I'd just get the other collar and rivet it :) 

Seriously, the velco oughta work just fine, but it'll get stinky after a while.  Sweet smelling is important in the coonhound world.  :wink:   But seriously, I had a velco watchband for hunting and it stank to high heaven from sweat, skunk, coon and crappy water. 

Santa gave me a couple tiny, frou-frou, red/blue strobe lights a few years ago and it sure was fun watching them through the breaks in the brush...see who is sitting down up ahead.  Surprisingly they didn't last terribly long. 

Look forward to seeing video of Spook next week.

I hear you about the velcro.It will end up nasty.But it is so easy to clean.A little detergent and some warm water will get it back to being clean again.Now you mentioned sweat...Dogs only sweat through their feet.Even then they do not perspire like humans.We obviously do it to keep cool...a dog pants hard to keep cool.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »
i dont make my dog wear pants...  and to keep cool mine usually stretches in front of the ac unit..
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments