October 19, 2017, 05:15:24 AM

Author Topic: Air Rifle deer  (Read 850 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Air Rifle deer
« on: November 06, 2008, 11:50:44 PM »
 Possibly an all time first in Missouri, Read about it here : http://missouriconservationnews.blogspot.com/2008/10/possible-first-ever-missouri-deer-taken.html
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

BBF

Re: Air Rifle deer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 08:11:47 AM »
 :shock 
I never even heard of air rifles in that caliber !!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:26:57 AM »
I remember someone on here posted something about that gun once before.  We were talking about hunting with air rifles and someone posted a link to the manufacturer's web site.

That's pretty cool that he got the deer.  The down side is that the rifles are very expensive and there's a waiting list to get them.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »
Quackenbush has a picture of a dude that took a bison with that gun too.  :shock:
I wonder if it just sounds like a regular pellet gun.  I guess it's subsonic?
I want one!

BBF

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 01:11:04 PM »
 A rifle like that has got to have some serious weight to it.Alone the spring would be pounds !

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 11:51:36 PM »
Yeah, I was pretty interested in them and did some research a while back. There are some pretty detailed sites on the net that can give you a realy great starting point if you want to make your own. A machine shop would be highly beneficial, but they are not overly complex guns. I however would not want to spend the money to make one right now, because that is probably all obama will not be able to ban-right now I'm buying bannable stuff-firearms.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
BBF, thats not a spring gun at all. It works on compressed air.somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3000 psi. comes with a special pump. might take all day to pump it up the first time but each shot doesn't use that much air, so you get a few good shots before things start to go down hill. It don't take much to top it back off, thankfully.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments