October 19, 2017, 07:32:48 PM

Author Topic: IOWA Blaze Orange for Upland Hunting  (Read 950 times)

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
IOWA Blaze Orange for Upland Hunting
« on: October 06, 2004, 12:59:18 PM »
New rule for this year.  When "UPLAND" hunting, one must wear a vest, coat or hat that is 50% Blaze Orange.  Now, I got no real problem with this.  I wear BO when bird hunting.  However; the rule is a little ambiguous.  What if you are puddle jumping ducks and hapopen to kick up a pheasant or hun?  Out squirrel/rabbit hunting with your 20ge...

Just what constitutes "UPLAND"?  Just pheasants? Huns? What about rabbit?

People have asked but the answers haven't been forthcoming from the IDNR as of yet.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 10:00:34 PM »
You may want to bring this up to the US Sportsmans Alliance.  They help watch out for things like this.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 09:29:06 AM »
BC, another great post of yours! Yep, the new law creates more confusion for hunters and officers, alike. I have to get to the bottom of the confusion, seeing as how I have to enforce the same law. In my jurisdiction on the federal installation where I work, it's required and has been in effect for years. Another benefit of the orange, it helps us keep track of hunters and has assisted us in locating lost hunters. For the hunters, it does make it safer to be afield. They brass has issued each officer a blaze orange vest for going afield, too. Not a bad idea, really!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments