November 17, 2017, 06:08:19 PM

Author Topic: PETA Calls for “Under-18” Hunting Ban  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
PETA Calls for “Under-18” Hunting Ban
« on: November 14, 2008, 08:09:45 AM »
Ks_Sniper posted this article about the boy shooting his dad and a friend saying that this would probably give more ammo to the politicians..... http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF/index.php?topic=9161.0 ..... And wouldn't you know it, PETA had to jump on the band wagon............

PETA Calls for “Under-18” Hunting Ban

Letter to Arizona Governor Exploits Tragedy

(Columbus, Ohio) – The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) decries the most recent effort of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to ban hunting in Arizona.

On November 11, PETA sent a letter to the Governor of Arizona, Janet Napolitano, urging support of legislation that would ban hunting by anyone younger than 18.

PETA is attempting to exploit recent November 5 news coverage of a tragedy in which an eight year-old boy allegedly shot and killed his father, Vincent Romero, and Timothy Romans with a .22-caliber rifle. The organization claims that the violent act was fomented by a recent family prairie dog hunting trip.

PETA told Gov. Napolitano that hunting teaches “children to see others as nothing more than living targets.”

“PETA always uses the most distasteful tactics to make headlines. In this case it is exploiting a tragic situation to advance its anti-hunting agenda," said USSA Executive Vice President Rick Story.

“There is no reason to believe that banning hunting for youth would have prevented this act”, Story said. “A ban on hunting for those under 18 will prohibit thousands of law abiding, responsible sportsmen and their children from engaging in a time honored tradition”, he said.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organizations that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs.  For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: PETA Calls for “Under-18” Hunting Ban
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
The kid that did the shootings wasn't even a real hunter.
Arizona is smarter than Peta. PETA fights their battles on unequal ground, proving mental midgets can't compete with examples of normal intelligence.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Worshingtonian

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:01:20 PM »
They weren't even hunting.
I'm a dude playin a dude disguised as another dude

" I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and neither are you here to live up to mine"

turkeynutz

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 10:16:19 PM »
What would be funny is, to see how the economy would be if all hunters banned together and didnt purchase any hunting stuff or lic. for one year! Could you imagine what would happen? Not counting the over population of animals! Then maybe they would shut their pie holes once and for all!

Offline Worshingtonian

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 11:56:23 PM »
What would be funny is, to see how the economy would be if all hunters banned together and didnt purchase any hunting stuff or lic. for one year! Could you imagine what would happen? Not counting the over population of animals! Then maybe they would shut their pie holes once and for all!
[/quote

And if ducks unlimitated, rocky mountain elk foundation and organizations like that didnt do anything either the habitat and population would be messed up, but I don't think you could get me to not hunt for a year.
I'm a dude playin a dude disguised as another dude

" I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and neither are you here to live up to mine"

turkeynutz

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »
I would have a hard time given up a turkey season!

Offline ray40cal

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 01:24:59 AM »
That's about as intelligent as saying school should be banned for anyone under 18, because of all the school shootings.
[]===     []          =[]=       ===[] ===   []===
[]==       []            []              []         []==
[]===     []====   =[]=            []          []===

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:57:51 AM »
PETA is attempting to exploit recent November 5 news coverage of a tragedy in which an eight year-old boy allegedly shot and killed his father...
Allegedly? ???

Anyways...Real classy PETA. :roll: :uglystupid2

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »
 >:( That will solve everything won't it PETA.....you bunch of Dumb *sses  :tickedoff
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 07:12:02 PM »
Get em Jenny. GET 'EM! :evil: ;D
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Facebook Comments