November 18, 2017, 04:35:53 PM

Author Topic: 2009 Bows  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
2009 Bows
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »
My synopsis of the 2009 trends and subsequent shifts in company directions. These bows are rockin like heck! O0
Ok, the last about 3 years mathews has been improving their bows without significantly improving their bottom-line statistics (dampening, forgivness, durability etc). I don't beleive their 2009 line is out yet. Before this time they had been the leaders in bottom-line inovation significantly improving their ibo speeds and let-off year after year. This year and last, bowtech seems to have followed the same model. WIth the intro of the guardian and center pivot limbs, they provided significantly improved brace height, with speed and darn near silence. Last year they still pushed the guardian for sale and their main-model was basically tiny improvments to the basic guardian. This years(comander, is it?) is just another quality improvement on last years stuff. Same basic stats with invelvet tech (dampening coating) and some cut weight etc. It appears to me that Elite archery has begun to overshadow bowtech which had taken the batton from mathews as the inovation leader. 130 Ibos out of an 8''bh with near 40'' ata and 80% let-off is just amazing. People also tell me the quality aint all that shody either and I've repeatedly heard their camo-jobs are the nicest in the industry. Ya'll should realy check out the new elite line because it is amazing! what is everybody elses impression of the new lines?

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: 2009 Bows
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
Mathews has stepped up this year with it's monster bows along with mission line up.Elite make a nice product great finish,fast
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline the deer slayer

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:40:54 PM »
i wanted to know what you guys think about ROSS bows. i have a ross cardiac and it feels...top heavy. like when your holding it, the top limb, cam, and sights, ect. part of the bow, seems like it wants to rotate forward. maybe im not holdin it right? idk. let me know what im doing wrong. or if its just me. thanks

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:08:17 AM »
At one time when Ross was bought out they were not honoring any warranty's even on new bows.I hope that has changed.Ross had kinda copied alot of ideas from Mathews.Ross has always been a solid bow without many problems.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:32:57 AM »
hey tender that 2009 elite gt500 is calling your name

turkeynutz

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 09:13:13 AM »
Think I will stick to my Preditor take-down recurve. Loken at the prices now days scares me. :shock:

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 11:55:47 PM »
Top heaviness is good. That's why they screw extra weight into the riser as a stabilizer-to make it flip down even easier. Proper form dictates that the bow held in the hand with absolutley no torque will flop forwards once the arrow is released. That is why many people use wrist-straps-to catch their falling bows out of their open hands. If the bow was not topheavy, it might fall to the left or right side, or just jump up or down slightly at the moment of release, giving you very inconsitant shooting. If it falls forward hard, it's going to do the same thing everytime and you are going to shoot the same everytime. I once made a 2# 12'' stabilizer, which shot super well. I just couldn't hold those 6# up for more than a few rounds of shooting, though.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »
The prices nowadays are too much really. I still shoot my 1998 Parker SuperMag 35 at 280 fps and it is quiet which I believe is better than speed any day. As for these new speed bows, the ones I have shot had one heck of a peak to pull over when you start the draw cycle. Not for a beginner in my opinion. And to be totally honest I really enjoyed shooting the Bear Truth 2, fast, quiet, mostly vibration free, and a smooth draw for a little less money too.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline the deer slayer

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »
i was at a store that gets all of the over flow from cabelas and bass pro. i found a diamond "the rock". what does everbody think about that? they want 450 for it and it is completey set up with top of the line stuff. also i saw a box of 12 redhead carbon fury 4560 aarows. idk about them either. right now i shoot a gold tip expedition hunter 5575. let me know fellers. thanks

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »
are the redheads the .003 tollerance ones? I shot those a few years ago and they were the best arrows for the $ i've tried yet.

Facebook Comments