October 21, 2017, 11:55:53 AM

Author Topic: Pulled me a rooky mistake this evening!  (Read 3649 times)

turkeynutz

Pulled me a rooky mistake this evening!
« on: November 17, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
 :roll:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:12:56 AM by turkeynutz »

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Pulled me a rooky mistake this evening!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »
 OK, did you take out both sides, one side or just damage it ? see there you were trophy huntin' and looking at the rack, that's what you hit. Now if you was meat huntin', you'd of been lookin' at the meaty parts and braggin' about the venison dinner you're planning for thanksgiving  ;D
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:19:25 AM »
Amazing what those silly horns do to a guy huh.... :roll:

SCHINK
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:04:54 AM »
turkeynutz........a.k.a.........Plott #2

;D ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »
It's ok TN, at least you hit the deer, I missed a buck saturday morning! :'( We make a good team don't we? lol ;D
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »
Wow, not to rub it in , but thats worse than unloading the gun and not even touching him..... :'(
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:22:55 PM »
Don't worry, plott will shoot off the other antler. Believe it or not, he has quite a reputation here at Gutpiles for shooting off antlers. He has a barn full of antlers gathered that way. Plott says it takes much more skill to just shoot off an antler and it saves all that work of taking care of a dead deer.
I do have to agree with plott's thinking, it does take much more skill to hit an antler than it takes to hit a big target like a deer. Right, plott?  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

turkeynutz

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
Just clipped it! I was shocked that I would have went for the rack seeing how much I like eaten!  ;D Went back this eve. set up a new blind and got settled in. Bout 5 o clock I here a cablammy from across the field, about 8times that is! Not one sounded solid either! And then saw a pick up come over the hill and started doing donuts in the field! And the deer on my side scatt right out before they could show theirself's!

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 06:47:26 AM »
Just clipped it! I was shocked that I would have went for the rack seeing how much I like eaten!  ;D Went back this eve. set up a new blind and got settled in. Bout 5 o clock I here a cablammy from across the field, about 8times that is! Not one sounded solid either! And then saw a pick up come over the hill and started doing donuts in the field! And the deer on my side scatt right out before they could show theirself's!

i woulda been hard pressed not to send a few rounds up you know just to let them know i was there!!

I was hunting a couple years ago and had a f**knut come up the trail on a quad raising all kinds of noise, when i heard him coming back i stepped into the trail in front of him.. told him the area he was on leased land, they dont want quards, and the trail he was using went to private property.. he started to say something and i cut him off with a and i own that property so leave....  aint seen him since...
when in doubt shoot twice

turkeynutz

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 09:43:25 AM »
I have done that before and got shot back at. It sounded like they were chasen some deer through the woods on the ridge south of me though. Dont know if the truck was the hunters or not! One thing is they were in my landlords pasture and she got a call asap! Havent heard back from her yet, but she was pissed! Even my uncle that lives 3 miles from me, had to kick a couple off his 17 acres opening day too!

Facebook Comments