December 13, 2017, 10:04:15 AM

Author Topic: Pulled me a rooky mistake this evening!  (Read 3679 times)

turkeynutz

Re: Pulled me a rooky mistake this evening!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 09:47:22 AM »
It's ok TN, at least you hit the deer, I missed a buck saturday morning! :'( We make a good team don't we? lol ;D
I know, it has been a bad year so far for my deer killen. Still got Okla. next week, with more land to hunt, not just this 2 acres of woods! ;D

Offline Jenny

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 10:03:29 AM »
Well look man, I'll pull it together if you will! We need to get someting in this contest! ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Doe, Button head, half rack........Whoops that slipped, sorry. :)
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

turkeynutz

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »
I got some lined out in Okla. We can bait em up there and use food plots. I have always got at least 4 deer there every year. Most of the time its a tag out, 7 of my own in the freezer. I am still tryen to adjust to the hunt here. I am thinken that its 2-3 hunters per deer here! ;D I still have yet to find a pile of deer poo anywhere on my place. But they are there.  O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
Heres the one we got a pic of last year on the trail cam. Got him this morn. 150# 10pter!

Offline Bearman

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 12:49:42 AM »
Pulled me a rookie mistake: Ya, so did my youngest this morning. We come up on three deer, one buck and two does. The buck was a gooder. We glassed it from 400 yds. and drove up to 150. He wasn't moving. Now get this: He was out side his ears. his G2's were forked and his G3's were forked on each side. He was a 8x7. The kid passed at 40yds, at the end. He said he had seen a bigger buck earlier???? I think I wreaked some boy's?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 08:01:53 AM »
Pulled me a rookie mistake: Ya, so did my youngest this morning. We come up on three deer, one buck and two does. The buck was a gooder. We glassed it from 400 yds. and drove up to 150. He wasn't moving. Now get this: He was out side his ears. his G2's were forked and his G3's were forked on each side. He was a 8x7. The kid passed at 40yds, at the end. He said he had seen a bigger buck earlier???? I think I wreaked some boy's?
:shock: I'd say the boy is misdirected. I would have taken that deer.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 09:39:40 AM »
 O0 Alright TN, I got one also - a 7 point but I may want to wait to see if I can get one bigger!
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

turkeynutz

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »
Git-R-Done, Jen!!!! O0

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »
I'm doing pretty d___ good this year...only one miss with no woundings ;D Sorry dude!

turkeynutz

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »
Found out today, my neighbers boy got a shot at the 6pter that was with the one I missed. He forgot to cock his 30/30 hammer though! :shock:

Facebook Comments