October 23, 2017, 12:28:09 AM

Author Topic: Doe week is GONE!  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Doe week is GONE!
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »
I missed doe week. Last year it was over thanksgiving weekend, but this year THEY MOVED IT BACK A WEEK!!!!! I hadn't even noticed, and now I have one day to shoot ONLY 1 legal doe. Talk about a major bummer. I feel so sick. I wanted to haul in at least 5 this year! :uglystupid2 :uglystupid2 :tickedoff :tickedoff

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Doe week is GONE!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:53:28 AM »
And that's why they teach people how to read in grade school.  So people can READ what the season dates are ahead of time. :roll: :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
Do I detect a little bit of greed here?  five deer ??
We are glad to have gotten one young doe this year( wife did it). I still have a tag left but it needs to be a buck.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 03:47:31 PM »
Well, every hunt I'd been on since bow season(legal to take does) when I was only allowed to shoot bucks had seen at least 3 does in at 15 yards, so it was looking like a realistic goal...a deer a day.  It aint so much greed as a responsibility to the wildlife since we are getting seriously over-populated with does. In order to manage out this herd to what most would consider "healthy"- even a 1:4 buck/doe I'd need to take about 10-15!

Offline deertag

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »
12 guage Remmington 870 Express. And a browning Myst  O0 :knuppel2
this is my rifle this is my gun this is the toy i use for fun!!!!

BBF

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »
Did I understand this correct, you can take Does only with archery?

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »
In this suburban herd, yes. During archery season you are allowed 2 does a day(for about 1 month) then during doe week you can take one a day with any weapon you choose. While I could safetly shoot the 870 at these deer, the neighbors would not appreciate it in the slightest, so I use my bow all deer season long.

Facebook Comments