October 19, 2017, 01:26:07 AM

Author Topic: 10 Yr Old WGH Jr Field Staff Gets Her First Buck  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Women Gone Hunting

• The time has come...it's the women's turn!
10 Yr Old WGH Jr Field Staff Gets Her First Buck
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:25:38 PM »
Kylee woke up early, and with her 243 youth rifle in hand, was in her stand by 5:00 am on the morning of October 17, Oklahoma's special youth rifle hunt opener (with mom and dad of course). The pre-dawn was crystal clear and not a single leaf was blowing. By 7:00, light was peaking over the horizon, and Kylee saw not one, not two, not even three deer. No, Kylee saw seven deer within her shooting range, six doe and one very nice eight point buck. They were all grazing in the hay field, taking their time with their Friday morning breakfast.
Kylee raised her rifle and set the barrel on a tree branch to help support the weight. She adjusted her scope, and boy, oh boy, she set her sights on the eight pointer. Deep breath. Another deep breath.
Bang!

He ran off, along with all six other deer, not a scratch on him. Kylee said "Man, I was shaking too much. I shut my eyes! I shut my stinkin eyes!" She was so upset with herself, and mom and dad both reassured her that something else would come along.

Sure enough, within two minutes of firing her rifle, Kylee saw movement out of the corner of her eye. She turns around, and there stands a deer about 50 yards out, just looking up at Kylee. She lifts her rifle and rests it on the wall of the stand. Bang! Just like that, no deep breaths, no shutting of the eyes. Just Kylee and her trigger.

The deer jumped and ran to the south edge of the field, jumps the fence, and disappears out of sight.
Kylee just knew she had him, she knew it in her heart. "I just got my first deer" she says. After waiting a few minutes, Kylee climbs down and goes to the spot where her deer had stood when she fired her rifle. No blood. She walks to the fence where her deer jumped over, no blood. She climbs over the fence, walks 10 yards out, looks to her right, looks to her left, takes a deep breath and says "I told you I just got my first deer!".

When she reached him, she saw that she had a perfect vital shot. She also saw that he was a buck, with five points, although the left side was growing abnormally. He field dressed at 95 lbs.
Kylee made "buck chili" to share with her 5th grade class at school, and told her story while the kids ate.

She told them about WGH, and how she was a Junior Field Staff member, and for the class to be prepared, because she was planning not only to be on the show, but to be a Pro-Staff member one day as well!
Women Gone Hunting
135 Carolyn trail
Gaston, Sc 29053
www.womengonehunting.com

turkeynutz

Re: 10 Yr Old WGH Jr Field Staff Gets Her First Buck
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
Congrats to her on the first kill. My daughter closed her eyes on her first turkey kill too. She was lucky they were so close she couldnt miss. lol

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 08:05:32 AM »
Please tell Kylee congratulations from the old Indian!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 11:52:32 AM »
Awesome, a big thumbs up for Kylee  O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »
That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!  O0 O0 I remember my oldest first kill, two years ago. We were yelling and hugging, and acting crazy when we found her in the woods. There is no other feeling like that out there!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

BBF

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »
" closed my stinkin' eyes"   ROFLMBO ;D

There is a reason why some of us do not think a .243 Win is a deer rifle.

Offline Women Gone Hunting

• The time has come...it's the women's turn!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »
Kylee also took her first doe on Thanksgiving Eve.  It was caught on video.  We're waiting for pictures to post  :)
Women Gone Hunting
135 Carolyn trail
Gaston, Sc 29053
www.womengonehunting.com

turkeynutz

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 09:04:53 PM »
Way to go Kylee! O0

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »
.My daughter closed her eyes on her first turkey kill too.

Maybe thats what happened when you shot the bucks antlers off TN,  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Congrats to Kaylee!  O0
Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 03:52:25 PM »
Ah that is real awesome!  Kinda makes me sad though that a 10 year old girl is way sweeter than me. :'(

Facebook Comments