December 16, 2018, 04:35:49 PM

Author Topic: Gun-rights advocates stand by Worcester worker  (Read 400 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Gun-rights advocates stand by Worcester worker
« on: December 12, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »
Gun-rights advocates stand by Worcester worker

By Jessica Fargen
Friday, December 12, 2008

Antiviolence and gun-rights backers banded together yesterday in support of a Worcester liquor store clerk who shot and killed a masked man who allegedly pulled a gun on him during an attempted robbery.

Police said the clerk working Wednesday night at Big Bob’s Liquors was licensed to carry a firearm.

“It sounds like a clear-cut case of self-defense, which is what the Second Amendment is really all about,” said Jim Wallace, director of the Gun Owners Action League of Massachusetts. “The (clerk) was properly lawfully in possession of a firearm. It sounds like a win-win situation.”

Forty-year-old Evan Louis Rivera, who entered the store with another masked man, pointed a gun at one of the clerks and one of the clerks fired back, striking Rivera multiple times, police said. Rivera died 45 minutes later.

John Rosenthal, co-founder of Stop Handgun Violence and a rifle owner, said he supports responsible gun ownership and the use of firearms in self-defense.

“It’s a good thing the store clerk was licensed and trained and prevented this heinous crime,” he said. “If it was all legal, power to the guy.”

Rosenthal said the clerk may have conflicted feelings about the shooting.

“Now he has to live with the consequences of having killed somebody,” he said. “That’s a pretty major consequence. He may find solace that he is alive as a result of being armed.”

jfargen@bostonherald.com

Courtesy of BostonHerald.com - http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1138553
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jenny

• Happyness is a warm gun!
    • Foggy Bottom Girls
Re: Gun-rights advocates stand by Worcester worker
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »
“Now he has to live with the consequences of having killed somebody,” he said. “That’s a pretty major consequence. He may find solace that he is alive as a result of being armed.”

This is a clear case of "Kill or be killed". I would have no problems "living" with myself after that!

Jenny - Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a God. -Francis Bacon Sr.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Gun-rights advocates stand by Worcester worker
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:59:28 PM »
The clerk done good! It's a good start, shooting his first dirtbag.   :twisted: :knuppel2  :buck2  I would like to see a lot more armed clerks and a lot more drilled scumbags.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments