November 23, 2017, 12:10:08 AM

Author Topic: .17 hmr  (Read 26524 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
.17 hmr
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 04:09:57 PM »
shot placement with the 17 is important for taxidermy,what you do is shoot a squirrel in the head,,,,then shoot another one in the body...nowyou sew the two good parts together....

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
.17 hmr
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 05:24:41 PM »
Quote from: john
shot placement with the 17 is important for taxidermy,what you do is shoot a squirrel in the head,,,,then shoot another one in the body...nowyou sew the two good parts together....
LOL! Now, that's thinking! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
.17 hmr
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 09:15:10 PM »
Dixiebanjo, have you killed any rascal squirrels with your proud new .17 yet?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

.17 hmr
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 05:25:33 PM »
Sure have...forgive me!!!it wasnt a head shot!!!Done near blew the friggin guts out everywhere!!!Thats the last body shot I'll ever make on a squirrel with the 17hmr.The front legs were pretty much no good for eating.Those hind legs were the best Ive ever had though!!Maybe because I was so hungry.Try going without food for 2 days,and half a squirrel tastes better then ever!I sure love that 17 hmr :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
.17 hmr
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 10:41:51 AM »
DB, you need to get out more! Just joking! Just joking! =P~ That shot you made has happened with most of us. I ain't 'fessing up, though!  :wink:  :oops:We can say that the bullet gets deflected once in a while. That works. I did a deflection shot on purpose, on a big water snake that was on gravel. I shot just underneath him with my .22/250. What was left of him blew straight up and traveled higher than the tall cottonwood tree that was close to the snake. It was like setting off a partial stick of dynamite under a large sausage. Deflection shot. :twisted:

Offline DIXIEBANJO

.17 hmr
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »
Sounds interesting.....operation blow up water snake!!!A 44 mag has much the same effect.I think your right ,I need to get out more..........to more gunshows!!!!!!Yes sir,that was my last body shot on a squirrel with a 17hmr.Head shot purist from now on!!!!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
.17 hmr
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2004, 05:51:58 PM »
You ain't just whistling Dixie, Dixiebanjo! :wink:  :D  :D  :D

Offline DIXIEBANJO

.17 hmr
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2004, 02:36:27 PM »
Put 6 notches in the stock of my 17hmr today!!!!Of course I didnt really carve notches in that cool stock......Im not that stupid.That means 12 hind legs and all the other pieces too.MMMMMMM........smells good. :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
.17 hmr
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 09:47:13 AM »
DB, I really think you have the hang of this .17 thing!  :D

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: .17 hmr
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 03:27:06 PM »
You know, after seeing DB's avatar, the thoughts of him with a rifle scare me!!!  :shock:

LOL!   :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments